OT: - Serena vs Sloane at US Open | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Serena vs Sloane at US Open

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Don't see Serena winning another Major Championship. The way she dominated the first set, it appeared she would make to the finals. When she didn't the break early in the 2nd Set, that seemed to be the turning point. Even if Serena had made the Finals, I don't think she beats Naomi unless the pressure got to Naomi.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I am guessing Azarenka will win in 3 tough sets. Just's seems like destiny.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Oh boy. Azarenka takes set 1 6-1. Her steadyness and shot making always going on the offensive has completely taken Naomi out of her game including a racket throwing.

Edit. Naomi takes set 2 6-3. Her level went way up and Azarenka looked human.

Edit Naomi takes the 3rd set 6-3. Best quality set since both players played well at the same time.

Still very idiosyncratic in her interviews.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You have a better chance of going out on the field by yourself to face the New England Patriots and winning than you do beating Father Time. No matter who, the day comes when you are a half step slower, one MPH slower with your fastball, or a half second late blocking a punch. Should you quit? Some stay for the love of the sport, to remain a part of it. Others because they can still get paid for their name. I think that we, as fans, prefer to see those we follow in sports go out on top.

Reaction Score
You have a better chance of going out on the field by yourself to face the New England Patriots and winning than you do beating Father Time. No matter who, the day comes when you are a half step slower, one MPH slower with your fastball, or a half second late blocking a punch. Should you quit? Some stay for the love of the sport, to remain a part of it. Others because they can still get paid for their name. I think that we, as fans, prefer to see those we follow in sports go out on top.
Unless you’re Curt Schilling and your fastball increases by 3 mph when you’re 38 years old (ahem...)

Reaction Score
With Serena not making the final, and if one of the Williams sisters doesn’t make the French Open final in singles or doubles, 2020 will be the first year since 1996 that a Williams sister wasn’t in a major final of single, doubles or mixed doubles. That’s insane.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom