OT: - Sent a title for a school bus I didn't buy | The Boneyard

OT: Sent a title for a school bus I didn't buy

Reaction Score
The boneyard manages to have info about everything, so here we go.

I just got a title in the mail (looks legit, but who knows) of a 2020 school bus from Ohio. Has my name, address and everything correct on the title. I wasn't even in the USA on the date it says it was purchased.

If it makes any difference, I am a teacher and coach. Checked my and I have no new credit inquiries or lines. No charges on either of my credit cards.

What the heck is going on here boneyard? And what do I do? Call the DMV? The bus company it was bought from?

Edit: Can a mod add OT to the title? Don't yell at me, I tried my best.

Reaction Score

I just got a title in the mail (looks legit, but who knows) of a 2020 school bus from Ohio. Has my name, address and everything correct on the title. I wasn't even in the USA on the date it says it was purchased.

If it makes any difference, I am a teacher and coach. Checked my and I have no new credit inquiries or lines. No charges on either of my credit cards.

What the heck is going on here boneyard? And what do I do? Call the DMV? The bus company it was bought from?

Someone needs to stop drinking and online shopping.

Reaction Score
On the date you purchased your school bus, not being in the US plays no role. You own it; enjoy your new ride when its’ delivered and especially after the delayed billing hits your card. ;)

Seeking helpful input and to CYA before a potentially more painful DMV visit, consider calling non-911 # and your insurance company. After all, you own your bus and loaned it to some terrorist group.

QuickDraw

NCSWIC
Reaction Score
I once had my identity used to open a merchant account in Tennessee and then started charging stolen credit cards through this account and then withdrew the cash .
I had to go to the State Police to get all of this documented, sign sworn affidavits, etc. Do not send the vendor or loan company any documents as they may ask you to do, only listen to instructions from the police.

Reaction Score

Edit: Can a mod add OT to the title? Don't yell at me, I tried my best.

Sounds like the Joker is planning to rob a bank and blame it on you.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Identity theft is my first impression but why would something without a loan and put it in someone else's name unless that person has/had less than honorable intentions for the useage
I would contact the state DMV wherever the title is from and being you received it, someone paid cash - there is no lien
Weird to say the least but if it happens to turn up in front of your house, start charging for basketball road trips - you could retire!!
Good Luck

Reaction Score
Identity theft is my first impression but why would something without a loan and put it in someone else's name unless that person has/had less than honorable intentions for the useage
I would contact the state DMV wherever the title is from and being you received it, someone paid cash - there is no lien
Weird to say the least but if it happens to turn up in front of your house, start charging for basketball road trips - you could retire!!
Good Luck

Yeah, I'm listed as the lienholder, which means it was paid for with cash, if I'm not mistaken. Usually the bank goes as the first lienholder, right?

Taking the day off of work tomorrow to call and write to my bank, credit card companies, and insurance, just in case. I'll contact the DMV and unless they can say it's fake or something, file a police report.

Oh joy.

Reaction Score
It's a sign from God! You are destined to go become the bus driver for a small high school in Indiana and find the next Jimmy Chitwood and send him to UConn.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Update: Called the police non-emergency line. After putting on hold and laughed hysterically at your expense they got back on the phone and said to get to the DMV ASAP and try to sort something out. And to go back to the cops to file fraud reports if needed.
C'mon we all know that this happened.

Last edited:

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I'd worry that someone is filling it with explosives as we speak, and getting ready to drive it into a Federal building of some type.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom