Senior Watch: Soaring With Wings | The Boneyard

Senior Watch: Soaring With Wings

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
WNBA website -
January 12, 2018

After beginning our position by position breakdown with a look at the playmakers running the point, we now shift to look at some of the top wing prospects among this year’s senior class.

Whether they are classified as guards, forwards or any combination of the two, here’s a brief look at eight of the top wing prospects putting in work this season.

If this was already posted, my apologies.

Reaction Score
here’s a brief look at eight of the top wing prospects
Discussion of Kia does not even mention that she is one of the most tenacious and effective defenders in all of WCBB. Her defense alone separates her from the non-Conn crowd. Reminds me of what Whitey Herzog once said when questioned about the St. Louis Cardinals paying Ozzie Smith so much given his relatively unimpressive batting stats: "I don't care if he doesn't drive in 100 runs a year, he saves more than 100 runs a year with his glove.”

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Discussion of Kia does not even mention that she is one of the most tenacious and effective defenders in all of WCBB. Her defense alone separates her from the non-Conn crowd. Reminds me of what Whitey Herzog once said when questioned about the St. Louis Cardinals paying Ozzie Smith so much given his relatively unimpressive batting stats: "I don't care if he doesn't drive in 100 runs a year, he saves more than 100 runs a year with his glove.”

True. All coaches love players that can/will play defense. You're right!! That fact alone will separate Gabby from the other guards coming out. Gabby has guarded positions 1-5. In a recent mock draft, Gabby is projected to go 4th to the Chicago Sky.

I remember, and was a fan of "The Wizard", Ozzie Smith. I recall how he use to sometimes turn a back flip on his way to his shortstop position at the beginning of a game. He was a glove man personified!

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky
Top Bottom