Senior Night Video | The Boneyard

Senior Night Video

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I kind of saw it, but it was kind of blurry. It seems I had something in both of my eyes the entire time

Last edited:

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
The Senior Night Video is posted:

Thanks for posting. When announcing Gabby's accomplishments, I thought it was an oversight not to mention that she was Defensive Player of the Year, or did I miss that?

Reaction Score
It was a great night. Neither player was outwardly emotional. I was afraid that Gabby was trying too hard at the start of the game and might have a poor game. Not to worry, she got it together and was Gabulous! And Kia was tough as always. Loved Geno's comment that she always has to hit somebody and that she looked at him like she might hit him too!

After the game they came to center court and Kia took the mic (of course) She said thank yous for both of them and tried to give the mic to Gabby, but she refused. The crowd chanted "Gabby" and she finally said a very few words. Then it was time for "Gabby and Kia run the raffle" (for those who dont know, fans can put their names in a box and they pull a student and fan name for prizes) When Gabby got the mic she said that she doesnt like to talk but she can read names. After a few pics with the students they were off to the sidelines for more interviews.
ETA: It was a lovely gesture that they played Oh Canada for Kia. Watched the other players keep peeking at her singing. Wish they had put the words on the board so the crowd could have sung for her (I only know the words Oh Canada)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Did you like those first shots of Gabby as a freshman, wearing an Afro and maybe an extra 10 pounds? (I suppose still recovering from surgery.)

The woman next to me sang all the words to Oh Canada. But like you, I just joined in with those two! Pretty sure it was Donovan McNabb sitting in the second row.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Loved Geno's comment that she always has to hit somebody and that she looked at him like she might hit him too!

Me too. But it is worthy of a genuine quote: “Every game Kia, for some reason, has to smack [an opponent],” Auriemma said. “You look at her and she gives you a look like she’ll smack you, too.” We have all seen that look. A ref who called her for a walk under the basket saw it too last night.

Reaction Score
there is absolutely no comparison between the excitement in the arena and this tape. people were jumping out of their seats with energy and the scoreboard was running tapes.

but you'd think that a University announcer would at least get it right: there is "one criteria" for being in the Husky's Hall of Honor. groan....

Reaction Score
I miss the unabridged, uncondensed, decidedly unglossy, impromptu version on CPTV. I miss the interviews of the team members about one or another of the seniors; the candid sweep of those on the bench taking the ceremony in, feeling the weight of the moment, holding on to each other tight, imagining what it will be like for them when they get their turn. I miss spotting Geno wipe his eyes. And CD looking on with pride. I miss the somewhat awkward nature of kids crossing the court with their parents. And all the other unscripted details that make it real.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Regarding the crowd, it was LOUD. During 2 of the timeout entertainment sessions of people from the crowd shooting baskets from designated spots for prizes, the contestant sank the last shot as the 30-second clock wound down. The crowd responded demonstrably. In fact, that might have helped energize the team after a slow start over the first 5 minutes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom