Senior Night Question | The Boneyard

Senior Night Question

Reaction Score
I just noticed that this years Senior night is schedule for Feb 16 and not on the final home game Feb 28. Anyone have any idea why this was done ? I thought it was a given that Senior night was held on the final home game date.

Reaction Score
I just noticed that this years Senior night is schedule for Feb 16 and not on the final home game Feb 28. Anyone have any idea why this was done ? I thought it was a given that Senior night was held on the final home game date.

It is normally held on the final weekend home game of the year, which is the 16th.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Traditionally they haven't done it on Monday, which is why I used the word "normally". Over the past 25 years, it has been on either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday almost every year.
ok, thank you! I also thought it was just the last game at Gampel Pavilion every year. Seems weird that there's one more after this.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the responses, I honestly have never heard of any Senior night being held specifically on a weekend day/night. I guess your never to old to learn something new

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Here are some random gueses on senior night scheduling:

2/16 - it's in Gampel, and a Friday, so perhaps it gives the seniors of parents some time over the weekend to travel? Also, some players have requested Gampel vs the XL in the past
2/19 - game is at the XL center, also the themed Junior Husky Club Day
2/28 - Gampel game, also the themed Pride Night

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Senior night is always at Gampel, no matter the date or day of the week.

Reaction Score
All I care about is whether the senior night game is going to be on SNY so we can see the ceremony.

Reaction Score
All I care about is whether the senior night game is going to be on SNY so we can see the ceremony.
You're in luck because according to the official UConn web site, senior night is Friday Feb 16 at 7 PM in Gampel against Georgetown, and SNY is the broadcaster for that game.

Reaction Score
Until this optional Covid year option is gone, senior night is also a potential indication of a player's intentions. Not always, with Dorka going thru the activities after her first year here, but coming back for a second. Personally I hope Paige says she doesn't want to participate because she knows she is coming back.

Reaction Score
Until this optional Covid year option is gone, senior night is also a potential indication of a player's intentions. Not always, with Dorka going thru the activities after her first year here, but coming back for a second. Personally I hope Paige says she doesn't want to participate because she knows she is coming back.
So I guess in six weeks we'll have some indication as to who intends to return?

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
So I guess in six weeks we'll have some indication as to who intends to return?
Or, wondering if Paige, Nika, and Aaliyah all participate as they came in together as a class, and then let the chips fall where they may after the season ends. It would be weird if any of the players didn't participate in Sr night, then later decide not to return.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
If we don't know if Paige is going to stay, do they unveil her All American banner on senior night?

Reaction Score
Regardless if any chose to come back for another season I would love to see the three of them all honored at the same senior night. They came in as a special class and will have experienced a unique (to say the least) period of four (academic) years together. They, as a class, are all each individually as well as collectively looked upon as the team leaders during this their senior season and their special bond is palpable. So I think it would be meaningful to them to be celebrated and honored on the same senior night.

Reaction Score
Or, wondering if Paige, Nika, and Aaliyah all participate as they came in together as a class, and then let the chips fall where they may after the season ends. It would be weird if any of the players didn't participate in Sr night, then later decide not to return.
Has that ever happened?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Pretty sure Megan walker didn’t participate
To be able to participate in Senior night, don't you have to be graduating from UConn. Last I read Megan has not finished her degree.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom