Senior Night against UNH Friday 2/26 | The Boneyard

Senior Night against UNH Friday 2/26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Friday night will be a bit bitter sweet for me as Joey Ferris Kyle Huson, Pat Kirtland, and Shawn Pauly skate for the last time in a UConn uniform. This group came to UConn knowing they were going to compete in the AHA..then one day woke up to find out they would be playing in the SEC of hockey conferences. They work hard, grind and make the most out of what they have.

Reaction Score
Maybe they shouldn't of woken up that day and stayed in bed. All kidding aside congrats to the four seniors and I wish them well in their future endeavors. Also please don't be so dramatic about the SEC stuff of college hockey . . .. You Skate, You Pass, You Shoot, You Check, who ever does it better wins no matter what league you play in. I think some of the teams Uconn lost to this year will back that up.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Maybe they shouldn't of woken up that day and stayed in bed. All kidding aside congrats to the four seniors and I wish them well in their future endeavors. Also please don't be so dramatic about the SEC stuff of college hockey . . .. You Skate, You Pass, You Shoot, You Check, who ever does it better wins no matter what league you play in. I think some of the teams Uconn lost to this year will back that up.
Welcome back hockeyfan44...you and I will agree to disagree on the level of play from the AHA to HE.

Reaction Score
I sort of agree though. Why have a pep band and barely use them? At least let them play Brass Bonanza instead of using a recorded version.

Reaction Score
At least let them play Brass Bonanza instead of using a recorded version.
Why? In what way, shape, or form does the song bear even the slightest relationship to the University of Connecticut, Huskies' sports, most Connecticut alumni let alone any current students, far too many hockey fans in the state (due in large part to the Whalers never proactively marketing to the state's biggest hockey towns in New Haven and Fairfield counties), etc.? This is UConn, the Huskies, not some nostalgic harkening to the fans of an almost 2 decades, long gone pro franchise. Go UConn!

Reaction Score
It's called marketing to a fanbase that maybe aren't UConn fans to grow your fanbase and get them to maybe buy tickets to other UConn games. I have ST and I see 3 generations of CT residents standing and clapping to the song. Have you ever been to a game? How about @ Fenway park when the red sox score a run? What song plays? Brass bonanza...

Reaction Score
Well, citing anything related to Fenway Park and the Red Sox doesn't exactly enhance any support for the song. Whatever, just never understood nor never will appreciate efforts to re-live long dead Whalers affections with our successful alma mater established in 1881 and succeeding in ways never remotely approached by the failed franchise. No ill intent, beauty was and remains in the eyes of the beholder.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
It's only the Red Sox first run each game. Anyway, I digress...

Congrats to the seniors, especially Pat Kirtland, from Rocky Hill and son of a former UConn coach.

Reaction Score
Best period of UConn hockey I've seen in a long time. Nice job. 2 goals on 8 shots

Reaction Score
They played well...came out skating hard, making plays. Ronan's short handed goal was really nice!

Reaction Score
How many penalties can a team commit. This is getting outrageous. Nothing like letting a team back in the game.

Reaction Score
How was that matching? Unh ran into Nichols and UConn gets embellishment????

Reaction Score
UConnMHOC 9:24pm via Twitter Web Client
Final from the XL Center
CcL_ZO3WAAAI1_Q.jpg

Reaction Score
Great 3rd period. They didn't sit on the lead, they continued to attack. Big win.

Reaction Score
Great win. Much needed 2 Pts. Now with 14.
I think Merrimack vs Maine game is on NESN+

Reaction Score
If UConn wins tomorrow they host
If they tie they can still host if Vermont wins tomorrow (assuming Merrimack wins tonight up 2)

Reaction Score
^. Crap, UML has 1 more home game. Sucks the Barclays game even though neutral in the #s, it gave us 1 less home game with 10 instead of 11

Reaction Score
Just got home...they played very well IMHO. Skated hard for 3 periods...played with a purpose. Thought the refs called a tricky tack game. I hope they come with the same game tomorrow night up in NH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom