Senior Day | The Boneyard

Senior Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There will probably a very small crowd through the gates tomorrow. It's simply the culture we exist in as a college football program. Play big time games, and UCONN fans rise to the occasion. Always do. Doesn't matter what sport or where the game is played. Nothing like UCONN fans.

But - if you're not playing big time games? You're down to you diehards. The diehards will be there. the same 20 some odd K that were there last week.

BUT - it's senior day. The concept that a senior day home football game in college football might be meaningless is not just ignorant, it's insulting. I can tolerate insulting, but I can't tolerate ignorance - ignorance needs to be corrected, and that's why I write again today.

Granted - the number of fans that are in the stands, is going to be what it will be, it does not diminish the importance of the game to the players, and the fans that truly appreciate the sport and UCONN football.

I am incredibly proud of this senior class, for finding a way, with their younger brothers, to get through all they've been through, and put themselves in the position they are in now.

They can end this season on the first 3 game win streak in 3 years. They can take their gear off in the locker room for the last time as Huskies - after a win. Those that won't get to play - are even more appreciated, and this game has even more meaning for them than any others. These seniors can go out, with the confidence that with the shatstorm that they've lived through, they were able to show the underclassmen what it truly means to go through adversity and come out successful. To provide them with a solid base of experience to build upon into next season to build this program back to where it was just a short time ago, and where it can continue to grow above and beyond.

Jimmy Bennett Offensive Tackle
Tyler Bullock Offensive Guard
Chad Christen Kicker
Ryan Donohue Linebacker
Kevin Friend Offensive Tackle
Steve Greene Offensive Guard
Frank Guardi Wide Receiver
Martin Hyppolite Running Back
Jesse Joseph Defensive End
Taylor Mack Cornerback
Spencer Parker Tight End
Shamar Stephen Defensive Tackle
Cole Wagner Punter
Tim Willman Defensive End

Much of their careers was influenced by forces much stronger than what they could control. They still have been able to find a way to finish strong and will be Huskies forever. Thank you.

I want to see them win tomorrow. I guarantee that their younger brothers want to see them win tomorrow and will do everything they can to help them get that win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom