senior class aiming for title run: 'Time to go out with a bang' | The Boneyard

senior class aiming for title run: 'Time to go out with a bang'

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
"... (about Evina) said UConn coach Geno Auriemma. “She saw what could happen during the NCAA Tournament. That was the best she played all year, and she wants to challenge herself. She said, ‘I want to see what I can be like and what our team, especially, can be like if I can do that from October to March.’”
“Just trying to keep my momentum from the tournament last year,” she said. “They need me to be the player that I was during the tournament and then it’s just doing anything that I can do for my team, whatever they need I’ll do it. Whether that’s defensively or offensively.”

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Interesting to me that Dorka is identified as Forward/Center while Liv is Forward only.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
But if she makes those outside shots then whoever is guarding her has to come out, which opens the lane for cuts to the basket.
Lets get down to brass tacks, we have seen enough of Livs outside shot. Leave those shots to AE and Dorka. We said it last year, Liv needs to develop a baby hook shot. She is tall enough that it should never be blocked, and that shot would really make her a dangerous weapon inside. Too many missed bunnys, she needs to show us that she can be an offensive force that has to be dealt with by our opponents.

Reaction Score
Lets get down to brass tacks, we have seen enough of Livs outside shot. Leave those shots to AE and Dorka. We said it last year, Liv needs to develop a baby hook shot. She is tall enough that it should never be blocked, and that shot would really make her a dangerous weapon inside. Too many missed bunnys, she needs to show us that she can be an offensive force that has to be dealt with by our opponents.
I'm not sure who all is involved in "we" but seems to me that the coaches would have had her add a shot like that to her game if they thought she could do it. Also, the places on the floor where those outside shots would come from are places from where she could make passes to players cutting through the lane, something she is fairly good at. And, as I said before about taking those shots, it's effective if she makes them. If she doesn't, they have other options. And they don't have to be 3-pointers, 12'-15' will do.

Reaction Score
I would love to be proven wrong, but when I think of what constitutes a good shot in a Uconn offense, a wide open 12-15 footer by Liv is so far down the list, that that I suspect a mediocre percentage from there is all that can be hoped for, and even thinking about 3's should probably be ruled out. Both Aubrey and Liv put up a few last year and unless something changes dramatically, I think the only time they should shoot them is if the shot clock was running down.

We have so many good options, why go there even if the defense dares them to shoot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom