Senegal Giving Canada a Game | The Boneyard

Senegal Giving Canada a Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Kia leads Canada with 9 points. Could be a lot more. Canada does not use Kia well. Swin commented on that late in the first half.

Oh Kia, not crazy about the braids. I know, it's humid.

early 3rd 1/4 it's 33-24 Canada

Reaction Score
Sloppy Game so many missed easy Shots! KIA still driving hard to the hoop and just throwing it up ..not a good game for her or the team.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Nurse has a connection to the U.S. team in head coach Geno Auriemma, her coach at the University of Connecticut.

"I'm sure he'll text me [before Friday's game]," said Nurse, who's won two NCAA titles with UConn. "He's texted me after every single game.

"We have normal conversations, so I'm sure he'll send me a text message or two, and I'll tell him not to send a trap my way," she added, laughing. "He knows where I like to go in the trap spots, so I'll tell him not to send a trap my way."

Canadian women's basketball team stays perfect in Rio

Reaction Score
Sloppy Game so many missed easy Shots! KIA still driving hard to the hoop and just throwing it up ..not a good game for her or the team.

But then there's this...

"In the final minutes of the women's Group B game, with the opposing team within striking distance, Canadian superstar Kia Nurse steals the ball off the inbound and scores an easy lay up to kill the momentum and seal victory for her team."

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Kia has played well. Swin kept harping on something I have been harping on for 2 years now and something I think the UCONN staff would have fixed by now. Simply put by Swin: Kia would be better off concentrating on making more of her layups as opposed to seeking out contact on her drives to the basket.

Reaction Score
Kia has played well. Swin kept harping on something I have been harping on for 2 years now and something I think the UCONN staff would have fixed by now. Simply put by Swin: Kia would be better off concentrating on making more of her layups as opposed to seeking out contact on her drives to the basket.

You're assuming the UCONN staff hasn't tried to work with her. I recall during the beginning of the season when Kia was forcing the drive and getting the charge called on her, that annoucers said something about Geno tellig her about that. You have to remember the only way to fix it is if the player buys into what they're selling.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You're assuming the UCONN staff hasn't tried to work with her. I recall during the beginning of the season when Kia was forcing the drive and getting the charge called on her, that annoucers said something about Geno tellig her about that. You have to remember the only way to fix it is if the player buys into what they're selling.
Not really assuming anything. Quite the opposite, I am certain the staff has tried to work with Kia on this. Hopefully we can agree that the results are not there yet, which is really surprising for this staff and Kia's abilities.

Reaction Score
Couldn't play the KN video sealing the victory for Canada. Something about not available in your region?

Reaction Score
Not really assuming anything. Quite the opposite, I am certain the staff has tried to work with Kia on this. Hopefully we can agree that the results are not there yet, which is really surprising for this staff and Kia's abilities.

Well, it took 2 years for the staff the get it through Tina Charles' head. You never know.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Nurse has a connection to the U.S. team in head coach Geno Auriemma, her coach at the University of Connecticut.

"I'm sure he'll text me [before Friday's game]," said Nurse, who's won two NCAA titles with UConn. "He's texted me after every single game.

"We have normal conversations, so I'm sure he'll send me a text message or two, and I'll tell him not to send a trap my way," she added, laughing. "He knows where I like to go in the trap spots, so I'll tell him not to send a trap my way."

Canadian women's basketball team stays perfect in Rio
I love how the article references the booing. I don't recall any other Olympics where there was this much booing. Does anyone else find this odd?

Reaction Score
Couldn't play the KN video sealing the victory for Canada. Something about not available in your region?
These Olympic videos are geographically blocked - I can't view NBC footage online up here, same way CBC clips are blocked outside Canada.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I love how the article references the booing. I don't recall any other Olympics where there was this much booing. Does anyone else find this odd?

I don't like it for the most part. However, given the IOC's cowardice about systemic Russian doping, I certainly understand that part of the booing. The BBC offer an analysis of 6 types of Rio booing.

Rio Olympics 2016: Six types of Olympic booing - BBC News

Reaction Score

You to ! The sloppy part of her game, usually with no or bad results, takes away from her possibility to be a 30 point scorer (pan am).
Geno, you can be (almost) certain has tried to get her to stop being the Canadian Snow Plow! Probably related to her Hockey past that demands contact. I doubt Kia will become all she has the potential to be--she has had tw0 years of starting to do it--I sincerely hope I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom