OT: - Sending prayers to Karl Anthony Towns right now | The Boneyard

OT: Sending prayers to Karl Anthony Towns right now

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Young man has already lost his Mother and six other family members to this virus. Now has tested positive himself.

He seems like the type of kid who will come out of this stronger and that's the way I like to think about it. God bless, KAT.

Reaction Score
It’s crazy how Covid hits everyone different. I had it this summer and was completely symptomless, but this is the reason I still exercise such caution even though I don’t fear for my own health. So scary given his family’s experience. Prayers up.

Reaction Score
It’s crazy how Covid hits everyone different. I had it this summer and was completely symptomless, but this is the reason I still exercise such caution even though I don’t fear for my own health. So scary given his family’s experience. Prayers up.
I had it and it still do now after 30 days. I only have had mild symptoms but it is no fun. It takes all your energy, chills, headache, no taste and smell. I have my taste back to 100% but still working on my smell which is stuck at 80%. Also, trying to get a negative even though it can stay in your body for up to 90 days sometimes. My wife had worst symptoms even breathing and she is 15 years younger than me but was negative like 13 days after she got it. I know it took me 14 days to recover from it. It is no joke as it feels like the flu on steroids the way it hits you like a brick wall. I have had no breathing issues, coughing or Migraine headaches thankfully. Never really had a high fever either.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I had it and it still do now after 30 days. I only have had mild symptoms but it is no fun. It takes all your energy, chills, headache, no taste and smell. I have my taste back to 100% but still working on my smell which is stuck at 80%. Also, trying to get a negative even though it can stay in your body for up to 90 days sometimes. My wife had worst symptoms even breathing and she is 15 years younger than me but was negative like 13 days after she got it. I know it took me 14 days to recover from it. It is no joke as it feels like the flu on steroids the way it hits you like a brick wall. I have had no breathing issues, coughing or Migraine headaches thankfully. Never really had a high fever either.

You and your wife get well soon, 3B. You'll both push through this, no doubt.

When you're feeling down, remember that you got a woman 15 years younger to marry you. She's obviously had no taste for a while. :)

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
That doesn't sound like a fun time. Get better quick, @3rdbass.

Reaction Score
That doesn't sound like a fun time. Get better quick, @3rdbass.
Thanks the bad days are over with and I had mild symptoms. I'm glad I didn't have anything more serious. I'm pretty much been good since the around New Year's but on Thursday night I felt a little under weather but after a couple hours sleep and a shower I was fine. Covid is no fun and I got from my wife who got it from a co-worker who was being dumb coming into work with symptoms and not testing first.

Reaction Score
If you haven't gotten the memo yet it's called vitamin D3 people.

Vitamin D3.

and now more than ever you might want to cut back on the sugar and carbs.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You heard it here folks! Click the link for all your Covid vaccine needs!

It is documented in studies that if you have lower D-3 levels and contract it, the symptoms and outcomes are worse. Study: Elderly patients previously on vitamin D3 supplements more likely to survive COVID-19

Also, studies show Zinc inhibits the disease because it interferes with Virus RNA replication. They are not cures but they could improve your chances of avoiding nasty problems. So, I wouldn’t be so dismissive.

Reaction Score
If you haven't gotten the memo yet it's called vitamin D3 people.

Vitamin D3.

and now more than ever you might want to cut back on the sugar and carbs.
I've been taking D3 for many years because my doctor said my Vitamin D levels were low. And then the rest of my family also were told that so we all take it. I hope it helps from getting serious COVID symptoms. Actually I just hope I don't get COVID and don't have to see if the D3 worked!

Reaction Score
He'll be fine, but I can't imagine what's going through his head after what happened to his mom and family. Seems like a thoughtful and great guy and wish him nothing but the best.

Thankfully, I'm scheduled for my first vaccine dose in two weeks and hope everyone does their part to get vaccinated as soon as they can.

Through all the deaths and debate, I believe we'll get all through this with a bit more compassion than before the pandemic.

Reaction Score
I had a mild case in April and still have lingering shortness of breath. And yes, I had been taking D3 for years.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
It is documented in studies that if you have lower D-3 levels and contract it, the symptoms and outcomes are worse. Study: Elderly patients previously on vitamin D3 supplements more likely to survive COVID-19

Also, studies show Zinc inhibits the disease because it interferes with Virus RNA replication. They are not cures but they could improve your chances of avoiding nasty problems. So, I wouldn’t be so dismissive.
worth repeating, again and again and again:
How Much Time Should You Spend Outside During Winter? - InsideHook
and, part b of the equation:
'Get out there, for as long as feels right, and when you get back, feel free to partake in another Norwegian tradition: koselig, their term for hunkering the hell down.'
don't forget the yogurt!
(hey! mg reminded me that now is the one year anniversary for my introducing all of youse to the bug and what will be! lucky youse, so give some charity to a poor kids thing.)

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Interesting as I was taking it every day. Maybe that is why my symptoms were only mild ones. I still take the alphabet cocktail now. A-D and Zinc.

Reaction Score
I had a mild case in April and still have lingering shortness of breath. And yes, I had been taking D3 for years.
Sorry to hear. I have had no breathing issues at all but this positive covid test is making me frustrated. I hope it doesn't stay in my body for 90 days or more.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I feel for that young man. Losing a loved one during the pandemic hasn't allowed for all the mourning that one may need

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom