Senators have been hammering B12 for weeks | The Boneyard

Senators have been hammering B12 for weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"Adding to the incongruity, Missouri is supposedly leaving the conference because of instability. West Virginia/Louisville want in because of stability. Go figure."

SEC > Big12 > BigEast

One school's disaster (UL and WV fighting to get out of Big East) is another school's gold (Memphis if ever offered to Big East)

Reaction Score
What are the CT senators or the governor doing for UConn?

In this article about the Virginia Tech situation, their Governor admits that he didn't get on it right away:

Warner, who attended George Washington and Harvard, began most days at the governor’s mansion on his exercise bike, reading news clips compiled by his staff. The more he read about ACC expansion, the more he was intrigued.
“A couple of people in Southwest Virginia said, 'Hey, you know Tech's trying to get into the ACC,’” Warner told me during his 2008 U.S. Senate campaign. “The first time I heard it, I think, I was in the middle of budget battles or whatever, so it wasn't like I was smart enough to leap on it. ...
“(But then) it hit me that this was something that was much bigger than sports. This was in a lot of ways about economic development for Southwest Virginia. ... It just seemed to make such good sense.”

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/te...virginia-tech-in-acc-20111027,0,3844085.story

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
4 senators, such as Lautenberg, Menendez, Blumenthal and Lieberman, can exert a lot of influence, particularly if they are all from the same party.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
4 senators, such as Lautenberg, Menendez, Blumenthal and Lieberman, can exert a lot of influence, particularly if they are all from the same party.

So, wtf is the hold up? Someone has to step up and say something, right?

Reaction Score
So, wtf is the hold up? Someone has to step up and say something, right?
Say what? UConn is not actively involved in any discussions with any conference in any public way, unlike UL and WVU.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Say what? UConn is not actively involved in any discussions with any conference in any public way, unlike UL and WVU.

It certainly looks like we're about to be left on the outside looking in, so I would hope someone would have the foresight to try and be proactive about it unlike Louisville which waited until the last minute and now is mired in the middle of a mess with WV and the Big12.

Reaction Score
It certainly looks like we're about to be left on the outside looking in, so I would hope someone would have the foresight to try and be proactive about it unlike Louisville which waited until the last minute and now is mired in the middle of a mess with WV and the Big12.
Again, and say WHAT?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Again, and say WHAT?

When you used "Say What?" in your prior post, I didn't think you meant it in the literal sense haha.

I'm not sure what I would say, or what they could say. But then again, I didn't make a career of grandstanding, lying and being a deceitful to the public. I'm sure these crooks would be able to make a case out of something if they thought it would benefit them and their constituents. I would hope that they would realize the investment the state has in UConn, not just the football program, but the school as a whole. The BCS is collusion, plain and simple by definition. I think those are grounds alone to be proactive and make sure UConn is included.

Reaction Score
Again, and say WHAT?

Lieberman and Blumenthal have zero clout in Senate.

Lieberman is hated by Democrats and not trusted by Republicans. Blumenthal is a newbie who is disliked by everyone because he is perceived as pushy

Reaction Score
Politicians should be looking at the BCS and how it's absolutely destroying athletic departments, schools, conferences and rivalries.

Reaction Score
CT senators should be working on ESPN to see how the network can help get UCONN into a suitable conference. It will benefit state of CT in the long run. If UCONN can land a bigger TV deal, it means UCONN can save CT taxpayers more money down the road. It is time for CT senators to do some lobbying like their counterparts at WV and KY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom