Semi-OT Pitino Wants to Return to Coaching | The Boneyard

Semi-OT Pitino Wants to Return to Coaching

Reaction Score
Figured I'd throw this in it's own thread

https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...tino-hires-agent-coaching-interest/410417002/

"Yet if your basketball program is circling the drain — like, say, Pittsburgh’s — how many coaches could be counted on to win games and fill seats as quickly as Pitino? How many athletic directors with budgets in need of balancing would gladly abandon the appearance of piety for the sake of profit? How hard would it be, really, to rationalize hiring a Hall of Fame coach whose recent NCAA issues can be directly traced only as far as his subordinates?"

Reaction Score
Figured I'd throw this in it's own thread

Restless Rick Pitino hires an agent and returns to the job market

"Yet if your basketball program is circling the drain — like, say, Pittsburgh’s — how many coaches could be counted on to win games and fill seats as quickly as Pitino? How many athletic directors with budgets in need of balancing would gladly abandon the appearance of piety for the sake of profit? How hard would it be, really, to rationalize hiring a Hall of Fame coach whose recent NCAA issues can be directly traced only as far as his subordinates?"
I'd enjoy this only because it stabs a finger in the NCAA's eye.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
Ain't happeninig. Our state " prosti's" don't have enough "tute" for the kind of program Rick likes to run. He'd have to import far south of the Mason Dixie.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom