Semi Ojeleye is leaving Duke | The Boneyard

Semi Ojeleye is leaving Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Didn't we go after Gbinje when he transferred from Duke to Cuse?

But I doubt we go after him considering we have Lubin/Facey/Enoch for the future.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Didn't we go after Gbinje when he transferred from Duke to Cuse?

But I doubt we go after him considering we have Lubin/Facey/Enoch for the future.

Facey would be a senior when he could come in and play. I think we need upgrades at that position.

That being said, some bigs came to First Night.

Reaction Score
Facey would be a senior when he could come in and play. I think we need upgrades at that position.

He will be eligible to play next year after the first semester. So he will be on the court in late December wherever he ends up. We need a shooter. He would help.

Reaction Score
If we could get him, it would give Ollie the flexibility to possibly explore a redshirt for Enoch if he does not seem ready to contribute next year. I'd also like to pick up Dorsey.

Reaction Score
The word i heard is that we reached out...also heard half the D1 are calling. Just a so so source

Reaction Score
Can someone tell me what type of player he is? More of a 3 or 4? Can he shoot? Bang down low and on the boards?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He would absolutely be worth bringing in - he's buried at Duke, but would get time here.

He was a combo forward in college who has grown into a power forward's body - fairly athletic, can shoot and rebound.

I'd love to see UConn get him, but my immediate guess is that he'd favor a return to one of the flyover schools - Indiana, KU, etc.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score

I realized this after I typed it haha. Add to your statement that Enoch has been underperforming vastly.

Reaction Score
I realized this after I typed it haha. Add to your statement that Enoch has been underperforming vastly.
I suggest waiting for enoch to adjust playing vs such high competition, the kid didn't even start at norwalk i believe...I would consider it underperforming if he isn't playing any better in march than now. as a prospect, nothing has changed, and i would be shocked if he was 'redshirted'. he could go play on many (ahem p5) schools and not be redshirted.

Reaction Score
“@TheBadgerNation: Former Duke Forward Semi Ojeleye (a 5-star http://post original url/N6xoS8vt7B recruit) says #Badgers have reached out to him. UW was his first BCS offer”

http://wisconsin.scout.com/story/14...n-transfer-process?s=193#.VI9HviETOx8.twitter

“The list is decently long,” said Ojeleye. “I’ll probably take three or four visits and schools can come in home, too. That will save me some time and some traveling.”

Having no transfer restrictions, Ojeleye hopes to make his decision by the start of next semester.

“Obviously I want to play, but I want to go where I have a chance to learn and a chance to go to the NCAA tournament,” said Ojeleye. “If they have a good coaching staff, a good locker room and my family is all on the same page, that school has a good chance with me going there.”

Reaction Score
Can someone tell me what type of player he is? More of a 3 or 4? Can he shoot? Bang down low and on the boards?

From his HS highlights his game looks like DD's but more physical I can see him banging down if necessary.

Looking more closely he looks like Terrence Jones? from Kentucky

Reaction Score
I had read from Duke fans that he was a freak athlete with mediocre shooting/ball handling. I think he is strictly a 4 in our system.

Reaction Score
I had read from Duke fans that he was a freak athlete with mediocre shooting/ball handling. I think he is strictly a 4 in our system.

Heard he plays like stick with more size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger