OT: - semi Just made the best purchase ever | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: semi Just made the best purchase ever

Is this the greatest item I've ever purchased?

• Yes

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Of Course

Votes: 15 65.2%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Are they going to be bed with a UConn Husky basketball? If not, I'm call DCF on you. ;)

Parrnts have no greater responsibility than to brainwash their kids to follow their teams. My kids didn't even know anything about UConn basketball, but I made sure they were at the men's national championship parades decked out in Husky paraphernalia.

Reaction Score
For my kids, being Husky Hoops fans was non-negotiable. Any other sport, they can root for whomever they want. That's the deal.
Same for me. Im a Bears,Bulls,Mets fan but if he ends up liking other teams im good with it but he WILL BE A UCONN hoops fan or he will be out of the house lol!

Reaction Score
It’s not available now. Is it 65% off the $145? Can it be used poolside?

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I think the 65% was only some things, but this was 25% of 145 so it came to like 108.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
What is “semi” supposed to modify in the thread title? “OT,” or something else?

Reaction Score
A quick tip on fanatics.com, use That honey app that searches for coupons, they often have a ton of them, and it found one that lopped another $8 off the price further than the default grill option.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
What is “semi” supposed to modify in the thread title? “OT,” or something else?

I tried to type semi OT but it got jumbled and then I couldn’t fix it.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
That’s awesome. And while waiting for your son to develop his own dunking prowess, you can teach him to throw the perfect alley-oop pass. I think we’ll all be anticipating a clip of your best Bouknight impression!

There’s a tweet for everything my man!

Here he is doing his best Bouknight impression in my UConn winter beanie. As a proud lefty I liked how he finished mostly left then switched, he might be amphibious!
Edit: this is cut down so it doesn’t show him going right, but he can I promise ;)

He hasn’t learned the art of passing yet, especially the oop, but like Omar it’s comin’.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Here he is doing his best Bouknight impression in my UConn winter beanie. As a proud lefty I liked how he finished mostly left then switched, he might be amphibious!
Like a salamander? That's one talented kid! Lol

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Like a salamander? That's one talented kid! Lol

I think Chris Webber said that on a broadcast once, and it may also be a classic Mike Tyson mixup as well. I love saying it and watching people crook their heads!

Reaction Score
Are they going to be bed with a UConn Husky basketball? If not, I'm call DCF on you. ;)

Parrnts have no greater responsibility than to brainwash their kids to follow their teams. My kids didn't even know anything about UConn basketball, but I made sure they were at the men's national championship parades decked out in Husky paraphernalia.
As much as I’ve loved being a fan for almost 60 years, my kids decided to not really care about sports in general. I finally got over it.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I think Chris Webber said that on a broadcast once, and it may also be a classic Mike Tyson mixup as well. I love saying it and watching people crook their heads!
Great meme that pops up every once in a while.
20200527_060608.jpg

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Thanks for bumping this thread! I checked again and they now had three in stock. Only two now!

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Thanks for bumping this thread! I checked again and they now had three in stock. Only two now!

Love it! We should all be stocked up - I'm excited to get my shipment.

Reaction Score
Man i wanted to get this for my nephews first birthday but i couldn't justify the $108 price tag for this. Instead bought the 30 dollar one from Walmart and the wifey used her cricut to make UConn stickers which we pasted on. Doesn't look quite as mean as this one but gets the job done for a way cheaper price.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Man i wanted to get this for my nephews first birthday but i couldn't justify the $108 price tag for this. Instead bought the 30 dollar one from Walmart and the wifey used her cricut to make UConn stickers which we pasted on. Doesn't look quite as mean as this one but gets the job done for a way cheaper price.

Darn, for a second you almost ruined this for me, since we also have a cricut (we meaning my fiancee).

But I think ultimately the real deal makes me feel happier.

True story: My first jersey was a cotton summer tank top, UConn on the front, I was probably 11 and in Western New York you don't exactly have UConn gear in the main sports stores. I found this tank, begged my mom to buy it, then with some sort of shirt paint glue material I custom wrote "Marshall 42" on the back and had my own custom made Donyell jersey.

It was NOT as good as the real deal. I'm going to leave my artistic creativity at home on this one.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Darn, for a second you almost ruined this for me, since we also have a cricut (we meaning my fiancee).

True story: My first jersey was a cotton summer tank top, UConn on the front, I was probably 11 and in Western New York you don't exactly have UConn gear in the main sports stores. I found this tank, begged my mom to buy it, then with some sort of shirt paint glue material I custom wrote "Marshall 42" on the back and had my own custom made Donyell jersey.

It was NOT as good as the real deal. I'm going to leave my artistic creativity at home on this one.
ut-shirt-today-main-190909_f7623b74cef0f2281c2bf2dcbc17e1f9.jpg

Reaction Score

My wife has actually started a mini business with the Cricut so T-shirts, banners, cake toppers, onesies, sweats, etc she does a great job with and honestly wouldn’t be able to tell the difference. The issue with the hoop is that the hoop just looks better with the color scheme that they have compared to the one I have. The UConn stickers look great.. with that being said I would opt for the real one if I wasn’t so worried about justifying the purchase.

Like you though, if it was upto me and I didn’t have my wife and her artistic skills I probably woulda shelled out the monies for this one hahah

Reaction Score
Mine just arrived today, and it is awesome. Way bigger than I expected. It'll probably be a couple years before my daughter can even make a basket. Hopefully I don't wear it out by then.

Reaction Score
They have 12 now. Fanatics will report sales of these hoops to conference commissioners.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom