OT: - semi Just made the best purchase ever | The Boneyard

OT: semi Just made the best purchase ever

Is this the greatest item I've ever purchased?

• Yes

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Of Course

Votes: 15 65.2%

• Total voters

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

So, is this for me? Or for my son Baz? Or for both of my sons (bun in the oven)?

Yes, yes it is.

11 year old me would have lost my mind at this, but 30-something me did too. It adjusts from 4 feet to 6 feet, so my 16 month old will have to make it work with his fisher-price one for now, but in like a year or two, there's going to be some epic battles in our driveway!

It's been a minute since I bought anything for myself, and my favorite retro shorts on 19nine keep getting sold out before I can purchase, so I also scooped a couple nice UConn Nike T-shirts.

Went back and forth on the hoop, but first instincts are always best. I swore to myself I could never call myself a real fan OR a good father without making this purchase.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
You named your son Baz? You are a true hero.

Sebastian, but when we shorten it we call him Baz or Bazzy. I LOVE the name Sebastian, but that was a HUGE bonus.

Me and my fiancee watched the whole '14 season together and was her first real foray into hoops. Also went to the Memphis game that year at XL that went to OT, I think Shabazz had like 33. She also fell in love with Shabazz that year. Us watching that tournament run in our apartment is something we'll never forget.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

So, is this for me? Or for my son Baz? Or for both of my sons (bun in the oven)?

Yes, yes it is.

11 year old me would have lost my mind at this, but 30-something me did too. It adjusts from 4 feet to 6 feet, so my 16 month old will have to make it work with his fisher-price one for now, but in like a year or two, there's going to be some epic battles in our driveway!

It's been a minute since I bought anything for myself, and my favorite retro shorts on 19nine keep getting sold out before I can purchase, so I also scooped a couple nice UConn Nike T-shirts.

Went back and forth on the hoop, but first instincts are always best. I swore to myself I could never call myself a real fan OR a good father without making this purchase.

This is what Id do to your son. :)

Reaction Score
Zero downside to owning this thing. That's how I look at it.

Agree - I mean it will look good in the Husky area and my son is almost 25, bought a house lives with his GF of 6 years I mean no rush but guessing a little one will be the plan eventually so what better hoop to have once they start walking, And that's whether the youngster will be playing for DH or Geno. :cool:

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score

Yes, yes it is.

That’s awesome. And while waiting for your son to develop his own dunking prowess, you can teach him to throw the perfect alley-oop pass. I think we’ll all be anticipating a clip of your best Bouknight impression!

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Yeah mine said "3 left" for the last week as I was weighing my options. I purposely didn't post until I bought mine, I knew some 'yarders would pull the okey doke!

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Agree - I mean it will look good in the Husky area and my son is almost 25, bought a house lives with his GF of 6 years I mean no rush but guessing a little one will be the plan eventually so what better hoop to have once they start walking, And that's whether the youngster will be playing for DH or Geno. :cool:

I dno if I posted it here, can't recall, but when I went to Gampel last summer I posted a pic on twitter of me and the little guy, and tagged it #recruiting #classof2038 or something and not only did UConn men's bball like it, but so did coach Hurley ... I have taken that to mean he has a standing verbal offer.

Reaction Score
Yeah mine said "3 left" for the last week as I was weighing my options. I purposely didn't post until I bought mine, I knew some 'yarders would pull the okey doke!
Yeah, me! lol! Wouldve bought it in a heartbeat for my 5 year old. We gotta get these kids started as early as posssible. I love my son no matter what but i absolutely will not accept him being a cbb fan of any other school but Uconn.

Reaction Score
Yeah, me! lol! Wouldve bought it in a heartbeat for my 5 year old. We gotta get these kids started as early as posssible. I love my son no matter what but i absolutely will not accept him being a cbb fan of any other school but Uconn.
We live in Florida and all my kids friends are Gators or Noles. (Occasionally you meet a UCF fan and definitely some Miami sprinkled in).

My kids are all Huskies hoops fans, my wife is a Vol so for a bit one of them rooted against Geno's girls and when we lost to Miss St I went apesh#t and I think it scared him straight. (He doesn't like "the favorites", and since they haven't won now in several years he's now the most ardent women's fan of the 3!

We always went to the UCF games since we knew Tacko personally really well. We always waited for him and then would see all the UConn guys when they came out of the locker room after the games. I think we got pics and autographs from Vital all 4 years so they are big Husky fans. He was always super gracious to us and smiling.

Plus, I'm always telling them about how we are underdogs and beat the "cheating" teams like Dook and Kentucky.

They like all the small schools esp UCF football since the NCAA is so "rigged". #controlthenarrative

For my kids, being Husky Hoops fans was non-negotiable. Any other sport, they can root for whomever they want. That's the deal.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I dno if I posted it here, can't recall, but when I went to Gampel last summer I posted a pic on twitter of me and the little guy, and tagged it #recruiting #classof2038 or something and not only did UConn men's bball like it, but so did coach Hurley ... I have taken that to mean he has a standing verbal offer.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

Couldn't agree more with that whole sentiment.

He can also be a U Buffalo fan, but not necessarily OVER UConn.

On our trip to Gampel last year it was tough finding cool stuff at the Co-Op for his age, but I got him a cool fleece that he was able to wear all winter and spring. He's already rocking UConn stuff plenty!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom