Semi OT: Another UConn Roadie - tips? | The Boneyard

Semi OT: Another UConn Roadie - tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Hey guys,

Last year for Xmas my GF got us tix to the Memphis game at XL, first time I'd been in Connecticut and on campus...OT win by UConn, great trip, and you guys were really helpful...

Well, this year, she hooked it up again, and another bucket list item, game at Gampel, will be checked off. We're gonna be on campus Thursday, tix to game at Gampel, then she also got tix to the HOF on Saturday, there is a HS tourney there, and then Sundays game at XL...

First, like I said, ppl were really helpful last year and if I didn't say thank you, I'm saying it now, everyone was great. But last year it was mostly questions about DT Hartford...this time, I'm mostly looking for any helpful tips/things as a UConn out of town fan on campus Thursday, anything specific I should be aware of? Stuff going on Thursday that I wouldn't know about otherwise? Last year we went to the Co-Op and took pics outside Gampel, but that was about it...

In addition, I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about the HS hoops tournament at the BBall HOF, are there any interesting players, recruits, etc to pay attention to?

I'm from Buffalo, I chipped in with upstater to the person asking about coming to Buff for the Bills-packers game, that's about all I can help with around here, lol, but I saw UConn in '04 in Buff at the tourney, of course they won it all. In '09, they played at UB, I went to that game, Thabeet AJ Adrien and co., they almost lost to UB as #2 in the country...then I went to last year's game...so I've had some good luck watching these Huskies...I'm not as hopeful for this year's young struggling team, but maybe my (my GF, actually) luck will get them on a run! She seems to have incredible luck with my teams becoming champs once she gets involved...

Thanks in advance guys, and sorry if I went a bit too long here...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Is Thursday still Nickel Night at Thumpers?

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Is Thursday still Nickel Night at Thumpers?
Lol, I don't know if Thumper's preceded or succeeded me, but I'm guessing it hasn't been called thumpers in 15 years minimum.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Haha I went to Fredonia, a NY state school, sounds like quarter beer thirsty Thursdays at Sunny's

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Lol, I don't know if Thumper's preceded or succeeded me, but I'm guessing it hasn't been called thumpers in 15 years minimum.
I can attest to it being there from 1991-1993. Spent many a night there.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Anyone have any advice ab esp on campus Thursday before the game? Anything cool for an out of towner to check out?

Reaction Score
Hey guys,

Last year for Xmas my GF got us tix to the Memphis game at XL, first time I'd been in Connecticut and on campus...OT win by UConn, great trip, and you guys were really helpful...

Well, this year, she hooked it up again, and another bucket list item, game at Gampel, will be checked off. We're gonna be on campus Thursday, tix to game at Gampel, then she also got tix to the HOF on Saturday, there is a HS tourney there, and then Sundays game at XL...

First, like I said, ppl were really helpful last year and if I didn't say thank you, I'm saying it now, everyone was great. But last year it was mostly questions about DT Hartford...this time, I'm mostly looking for any helpful tips/things as a UConn out of town fan on campus Thursday, anything specific I should be aware of? Stuff going on Thursday that I wouldn't know about otherwise? Last year we went to the Co-Op and took pics outside Gampel, but that was about it...

In addition, I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about the HS hoops tournament at the BBall HOF, are there any interesting players, recruits, etc to pay attention to?

I'm from Buffalo, I chipped in with upstater to the person asking about coming to Buff for the Bills-packers game, that's about all I can help with around here, lol, but I saw UConn in '04 in Buff at the tourney, of course they won it all. In '09, they played at UB, I went to that game, Thabeet AJ Adrien and co., they almost lost to UB as #2 in the country...then I went to last year's game...so I've had some good luck watching these Huskies...I'm not as hopeful for this year's young struggling team, but maybe my (my GF, actually) luck will get them on a run! She seems to have incredible luck with my teams becoming champs once she gets involved...

Wasn't the tourney for the HOF this past weekend? Or is there another?

The HOF is a decent area if you want to stay in Springfield just stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in the same parking lot as the HOF and tell them you are visiting Lenox Corp as a contractor and they will give you a nice discounted stay over deal - about $119 or so.......also multiple walk to restaurants and bars in the HOF - Max's, Plan B Burger, Samuels all in the same building as the HOF and UNO's attached to the HGI.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Hey guys,

I know it's winter but the Dairy Barn has some of the best ice cream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul