Sell Me On Cavanaugh | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sell Me On Cavanaugh

Reaction Score
What if zls44 and RSTuthill are both partially correct, and less than willing to acknowledge their respective views? Marshall wasn't much of a coach, but obstacles to success also existed.
Nah. I saw way too much of him to buy that. Don't think anyone else here has. I am sure this got bumped as tongue in cheek after last night. But just to reiterate for those not in on the joke, Cav's not going anywhere.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
We hired the wrong freaking coach. Bruce Marshall's teams were scruffy, hard working. Cavanaugh's teams are prima donnas.

Another one of Warde's hiring screw-ups.

Warde Manuel hired him! He has to be good.

Just some quotes from the usual downers who posted on this thread back in January. Wonder if they feel that same way now. Love how some simple minds react when a team hits a rough spot.

Reaction Score
We hired the wrong freaking coach. Bruce Marshall's teams were scruffy, hard working. Cavanaugh's teams are prima donnas.

Another one of Warde's hiring screw-ups.

Warde Manuel hired him! He has to be good.

Just some quotes from the usual downers who posted on this thread back in January. Wonder if they feel that same way now. Love how some simple minds react when a team hits a rough spot.
I've been following the team for a while. It's clear you don't read all my posts. Just pick and choose.

Simple minds are a bore.

To call me a downer is quite dumb. Really. Message board drama?

Plenty of idiots here with reading comprehension issues. It gets old. You bother to "point" me out over a post which was a joke in another thread even.

Maybe Cavanaugh read what was posted here and learned some stuff? He has one winning streak of note and people think we're set? We did the same thing with Ollie.

What a joke. And yeah, he hasn't proven much so far. You kidding?

One winning streak as opposed to actually making the tournament..

Other than that, of course I am glad he is learning. Mr Downer.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
By the way, if you want to call someone a downer, focus on those who say we are screwed by conference realignment.

Saying we have an attempt to get into the Big Ten is not being a downer.

Maybe best I stop posting here. So tired of social media.

Reaction Score
“Be there Thursday night as we look to set a program record for consecutive wins and lock up a 1st round bye” via Twitter. I’m sold.

From Atlantic Hockey mediocrity to upper half of Hockey East. I’m sold.

Are you also aware that last year UConn Hockey received their full allotment of scholarships? I’m sold.

These prima donnas are all of a sudden out working and playing tough every night. I’m sold.

And they lost their best player to the NHL after his sophomore year (when is the last time that has happened?). I’m sold.

Reaction Score
And they lost their best player to the NHL after his sophomore year (when is the last time that has happened?). I’m sold.
Cole Schneider, I think, but I could be wrong. Think it was after soph year rather than junior year. Also depends on what you mean by "lost to the NHL" I guess.

Reaction Score
I think SKK was already acknowledging that they lost Thompson.
Yeah, the question was who was the last player before Thompson. Don't think it was all that long ago. 2012 after his soph season. Thompson is probably the first drafted player to leave after the soph season though.

Reaction Score
UConn Hockey did not lose Cole S to the NHL, he left school to play minor league hockey. Huge difference. UConn hockey lost Tage T to the NHL. Point is, they are operating at a different level, and Coach Cav is proving he is the reason why.

He’ll have them ready next weekend too.

Hey Butch.....you sold? If not, what were your expectations?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom