Selection criteria | The Boneyard

Selection criteria

Reaction Score
One thing I haven’t seen/heard discussed anywhere is consideration given for all the time Bouk missed. Is this something the Committee doesn’t take into account anymore? Because with him, we are 7-1 and we would probably be ranked in the top 20. Without him, we were 4-4. Objectively, he’s one of the best players in our league and even the country. I know this used to be taken into account, but I haven’t heard one mention of it with everyone currently having us on or around the bubble. Hope it doesn’t end up mattering, but just curious if anyone knows if this gets considered anymore.

Reaction Score
I think it will be taken into consideration in a major way after 3-4 games with a healthy Bouknight. I may be in the minority but I think we are like a 7 seed right now after Bouk showed he is back.

Reaction Score
One of the commentators during the Michigan / Wisconsin ? game brought this up towards the end of the 1st half. If I heard correctly they have a team of a few people who are each responsible for following a specific conference / all teams in that conference. They mentioned in a list of things that are payed close attention to , injuries and time missed or taken off due to covid.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
One thing I haven’t seen/heard discussed anywhere is consideration given for all the time Bouk missed. Is this something the Committee doesn’t take into account anymore? Because with him, we are 7-1 and we would probably be ranked in the top 20. Without him, we were 4-4. Objectively, he’s one of the best players in our league and even the country. I know this used to be taken into account, but I haven’t heard one mention of it with everyone currently having us on or around the bubble. Hope it doesn’t end up mattering, but just curious if anyone knows if this gets considered anymore.
I really don't think the committee awards team who lose because of a player. They are not going to think well Bouk was out they would of won. That ain't gonna happen. Sad but true. But we are on a roll and looking great. We were #23 after that great road showing, then crapped the bed after. Beat Nova Saturday, we are in again.

Reaction Score
I really don't think the committee awards team who lose because of a player. They are not going to think well Bouk was out they would of won. That ain't gonna happen. Sad but true. But we are on a roll and looking great. We were #23 after that great road showing, then crapped the bed after. Beat Nova Saturday, we are in again.
But they did in the past. That’s my point. They used to make a point of it when there was a serious injury. I just haven’t heard anything about it this year.

Reaction Score
Award, no. But they do taken into account injuries. They also use the BPI which factors injuries into its model. The NCAA further states that they talk with ADs about injuries to players.

Reaction Score

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
We should have played more games. We played 3 games between 1/11 and 2/6. We could have played 3-4 more and be 14-5 now. Even wins over Fairfield and Fordham would have been wins. We should have played UMass. Anyone.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm thinking a healthy Bouk would get us off any bubble.

Reaction Score
But they did in the past. That’s my point. They used to make a point of it when there was a serious injury. I just haven’t heard anything about it this year.
They absolutely did in the past. Remember the infamous 2011-2012 season where Boatright’s eligibility changed like 3 times during the course of the season and he had to be kept out multiple times? And remember when JC has to serve his 3 game suspension, then he had health issues so he missed even more time? That was all taken into consideration. IIRC, Hathaway was the Selection Committee chair that season, and he even said so in an interview.

Reaction Score
We should have played more games. We played 3 games between 1/11 and 2/6. We could have played 3-4 more and be 14-5 now. Even wins over Fairfield and Fordham would have been wins. We should have played UMass. Anyone.
I'm not sure why you assume we'd have won all those games with Bouk and Jackson out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom