Sel. Sunday 2019 -- Connecticut or UConn? | The Boneyard

Sel. Sunday 2019 -- Connecticut or UConn?

Reaction Score
My apologies for starting a thread on so slight a topic , but it's a question that will probably come up now that DH is coach.

Assuming that TBS opens with the alphabetical list again on next Selection Sunday, will we be shown as "Connecticut" or "UConn?" Assuming the latter, there could be a heart attack or two when they get to the "D's" and Connecticut has not appeared.

Asking that the appropriate party look into this.

"It is not a stupid question if it gets a stupid answer." ~~ Robert Brault

Reaction Score
If UConn ever wants to be in the B1G or any type of P5...

it should be Connecticut for all sports and not UConn.

Embrace the "state school" mantra and go with Connecticut.

Reaction Score
I prefer Connecticut over UConn. Wish they would brand more merch with Connecticut

You expect Big Red to spell that out?Anyways I could have sworn they stopped using Connecticut on their merchandise and moved exclusively to UConn. Personally I would rather have UConn.

Reaction Score
There are multiple schools in the P5 that aren't referred to in sports terms by their entire state name (LSU, USC, Penn St, etc.)

If "UConn" is the national brand, then why would you change it back to "Connecticut?"

Reaction Score
Great idea to have a thread that jinxes us before next season even begins.

Reaction Score
You guys seem pretty confident that well get there. I hope we get there and think that we can. However, we havent been above .500 in 2 years, im just focused on getting back to a winning record before I even start to think about the big dance.

Reaction Score
You guys seem pretty confident that well get there. I hope we get there and think that we can. However, we havent been above .500 in 2 years, im just focused on getting back to a winning record before I even start to think about the big dance.
Nah. We`ll be in it the tourney next year. Not saying we`ll be the #1 overall seed but i dont see it as a stretch. I think we have enough talent to win 20 games and get in. Ive thought that for that last two years it just hasnt worked out. Im all about being positive. I dont believe in jinxes or being Doomed.

Reaction Score
When you're an automatic bid, there will only be the questioning of seeding

Reaction Score
Does not matter to me honestly but get rid of that God awful format....

Reaction Score
Those Vintage blue jerseys with the Connecticut across the chest have always been my favorites.

Not sure he has much input in that but since that now famed shot of Hurley looking at Ray slamming that fastbreak dunk is us with those "CONNECTICUT" jerseys, I'd imagine he wouldn't hate a throwback jersey

Reaction Score
I’d love to see the throwback Connecticut jerseys. The gray alternative jerseys we use now suck.

Reaction Score
A couple years ago I remember Herbst sent out an official announcement that she was changing our name to UCONN, so don't count on seeing Connecticut. And yeah that format was terrible.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
U-C-O-N-N UConn UConn UConn

any questions?

PS: We won't be a bubble team, hence we're not sweating to begin with (I'm assuming a healthy Gilbert)

Reaction Score
U-C-O-N-N UConn UConn UConn

any questions?

PS: We won't be a bubble team, hence we're not sweating to begin with (I'm assuming a healthy Gilbert)

Thank you. UConn is the brand. Connecticut is not.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
If UConn ever wants to be in the B1G or any type of P5...

it should be Connecticut for all sports and not UConn.

Embrace the "state school" mantra and go with Connecticut.
'NOVA. Carolina. The 'Cuse. Ole Miss. UCLA. LSU. WAZOO/WASU. It's all part of branding. Go UCONN!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom