Seimone Augustus and Baton Rouge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
One of the most touching scenes from the entire Olympics, for me:

Augustus Dedicates Gold : NBA.com

Seimone is a quiet person by nature and doesn't garner the same attention from media and sponsors that some of her peers do. But this interview gives a great glimpse into why Diana Taurasi said that literally everyone loves Seimone and loves being on a team with her.

Reaction Score
At first I don't like her tattoos. But now I can accept tattoos just like I can accept gays or lesbians and I think it is a personal choice. Now watching the Olympic games I start to like this girl. She is in such low profile and good personality.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think that is Geno's hand on her arm at the end of the interview.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I think that is Geno's hand on her arm at the end of the interview.

Yes, it definitely is. I find it particularly enjoyable to see how Geno's been able to connect with players who he'd never coached before.

Reaction Score
Yes, it definitely is. I find it particularly enjoyable to see how Geno's been able to connect with players who he'd never coached before.
At the end of NT training camp in Vegas last year Geno gave Simone tips on how to dance at her wedding, which immediately followed...

upload_2016-8-21_19-44-20.png

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
At some point I'd heard this anecdote about the impromptu dance lesson, but thanks for sharing this priceless pic!

And while I'm at it, I want to add that I love how Geno has not an ounce of judgmentality when it comes to LGBT athletes.

Reaction Score
At some point I'd heard this anecdote about the impromptu dance lesson, but thanks for sharing this priceless pic!

And while I'm at it, I want to add that I love how Geno has not an ounce of judgmentality when it comes to LGBT athletes.
Well, he's a women's basketball coach, so.... (Ask Renee Portland how the alternate approach worked out)

Plebe

Reaction Score
Well, he's a women's basketball coach, so.... (Ask Renee Portland how the alternate approach worked out)

Good point. But there's also a difference between actively discriminating and trying to refrain from appearing too gay-friendly. A lot of coaches wouldn't want to be seen helping their player rehearse for her same-sex wedding.

Reaction Score
Geno is truly someone that "gets it"! He is so much bigger than just a great BB coach, an intelligent, thoughtful, human being that cares for the players and the game! And it's upsetting to see the little ignorant minds just tear him down!
The best part is he doesn't give a da-n! He stays true to himself!

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I seem to remember Geno answering the question about the LGTB community and players. His response was along the lines of he wants them to grow and graduate as young women and it's none of his business what the do in their personal lives. Something to that tune.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom