Sedona Prince Transfer Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Sedona Prince Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Then you and I have a different definition of “dominant.” I would define it as always, or almost always being the best player on the floor. And at least being in the conversation for AA. Shepard was not even considered one of the two best players on her team.

She was in consideration for AA, she was on the Naismith watch list, and the very next season she was an AA. Who was better than her on ND? Ogunbowale? Maybe, debatable, but I will give it to you. Who else? Young? No way! Shepard was better in virtually every stat except steals and assists.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Honestly, I think you defined “dominant post” down to support your thesis. Shepard is a good player. I would not describe her as a dominant post. Last year she wasn’t even the best “post” on her team.

She was ND’s best post player last season. She’s a more skilled player than Turner. I agree that she wasn’t a dominant post player.

Reaction Score
She was ND’s best post player last season. She’s a more skilled player than Turner. I agree that she wasn’t a dominant post player.
Agreed Jessica Shepard is a very good ball player. And she is an exceptional leader and team player. After conversation with the Lynx coach, between her Jr and SR year she remade her body, improving her agility and conditioning. Jessica was instrumental in UND's success in 2018 and 2019.

Having said that , Last year JS would have been a dominant player if she played Div II, Div III or high school. But in ACC, OOC and tournament she high drive, talented and strong team player with very good teammates.

But dominant? nah

Reaction Score
Blaming the game on Geno imo is way off base. Stevens played quite a bit in 3rd quarter and all in the 4th. If they couldn't get separation from them during this time while she had healthy legs then this talk that she should have played more is just wild guessing.
UConn lost. No giessing there.

Reaction Score
She was in consideration for AA, she was on the Naismith watch list, and the very next season she was an AA. Who was better than her on ND? Ogunbowale? Maybe, debatable, but I will give it to you. Who else? Young? No way! Shepard was better in virtually every stat except steals and assists.
I thought this thread was about Sedona Prince???? Please start another thread if you want to continue talking about Shepherd and ND.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Haven't sifted through this whole thread yet so I apologize if this is repetitive, but has she announced she's visiting any other schools? From the footage I've seen, Prince would be a heck of a get for whoever lands her assuming her leg recovers okay. 6-7 girls that coordinated and mobile don't grow on trees. Also looks like she has an effortless jumper with a quick release and great hands for catching passes/blocking shots inside. Plus good handles for a player her size.

For anyone who follows college volleyball, she reminds of basketball's version of Dana Rettke (Middle Blocker at Wisconsin). Doesn't seem to be overwhelmingly athletic but extremely coordinated and moves well with developed fundamentals. Both were also ranked #8 coming out of HS and Rettke has been an absolute beast collegiately.

Anyway, side tangent over. Wherever she ends up I hope she recovers 100%. She'll be a joy to watch.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Haven't sifted through this whole thread yet so I apologize if this is repetitive, but has she announced she's visiting any other schools? From the footage I've seen, Prince would be a heck of a get for whoever lands her assuming her leg recovers okay. 6-7 girls that coordinated and mobile don't grow on trees. Also looks like she has an effortless jumper with a quick release and great hands for catching passes/blocking shots inside. Plus good handles for a player her size.

For anyone who follows college volleyball, she reminds of basketball's version of Dana Rettke (Middle Blocker at Wisconsin). Doesn't seem to be overwhelmingly athletic but extremely coordinated and moves well with developed fundamentals. Both were also ranked #8 coming out of HS and Rettke has been an absolute beast collegiately.

Anyway, side tangent over. Wherever she ends up I hope she recovers 100%. She'll be a joy to watch.
There has been no confirmation from any source that Prince is visiting anyone else, although I know the ND fans are making a lot of wishful sounds about a visit to South Bend.

Reaction Score
There has been no confirmation from any source that Prince is visiting anyone else, although I know the ND fans are making a lot of wishful sounds about a visit to South Bend.

I would be shocked if she didn't visit ND! ND was viewed by most as the runner up when Prince originally chose Texas and there has been recent contact on social media between Prince and ND.

Reaction Score

Well, you're putting Sedona in very good company with a comparison to Dana Rettke, who I believe was a 1st team All-American a year or so ago. Hopefully, the comparison pans out....

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I would be shocked if she didn't visit ND! ND was viewed by most as the runner up when Prince originally chose Texas and there has been recent contact on social media between Prince and ND.
I don’t know. She’s been to South Bend before and turned ND down for TX. I know she and Niele Ivey are following each other, but the vast majority of these transfers have involved just one trip and then the player announces their decision on social media with the requisite picture standing next to their new HC. For all we know, Prince has already made up her mind and this trip to UConn is just about closing the deal.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Well, you're putting Sedona in very good company with a comparison to Dana Rettke, who I believe was a 1st team All-American a year or so ago. Hopefully, the comparison pans out....
Rettke was 1st Team AA each of the last two years, including her freshman year, when she was NFOY.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
I'm not sure if you're saying Prince isn't that athletic here but, if so, watch some of her dunks. She was explosively athletic prior to the injury.

Not overwhelmingly athletic in the sense that she doesnt appear to be an exceptional leaper or lightning fast running the floor...her athleticism isnt the first thing you notice. The only dunk clip I've found is an attempted one in warmups that she missed. Would love to see the clips if you have a link.

bballnut90

Reaction Score

Not saying she is the next Rettke for WBB but based on the clips I've seen of Prince, both have similarities in how fluid and coordinated they are on the court. Both are extremely mobile too which you rarely see in players their size.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Not overwhelmingly athletic in the sense that she doesnt appear to be an exceptional leaper or lightning fast running the floor...her athleticism isnt the first thing you notice. The only dunk clip I've found is an attempted one in warmups that she missed. Would love to see the clips if you have a link.
Ummm post # 170 in this thread.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Ummm post # 170 in this thread.

Thanks....thread was a little overwhelming with various tangents so I hadnt read through it. That dunk was impressive though. Definitely elevates better off 2 feet than Rettke does in volleyball. Hope she fully recovers.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Jasmine began following Sedona on Saturday. This morning Sedona started following her back.

Maybe Prince was too busy to check social media, or maybe this is a good sign.
Also a bit of good news: the weather in Storrs today has changed from cloudy/rain to mostly sunny. It should be a beautiful day to stroll around campus in Storrs. I wonder if Geno used his purported relationship with the Almighty to summon up some great spring weather? ;)

Reaction Score
Also a bit of good news: the weather in Storrs today has changed from cloudy/rain to mostly sunny. It should be a beautiful day to stroll around campus in Storrs. I wonder if Geno used his purported relationship with the Almighty to summon up some great spring weather? ;)

does anyone know if she is on campus today?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I don’t know. She’s been to South Bend before and turned ND down for TX. I know she and Niele Ivey are following each other, but the vast majority of these transfers have involved just one trip and then the player announces their decision on social media with the requisite picture standing next to their new HC. For all we know, Prince has already made up her mind and this trip to UConn is just about closing the deal.

So, Old Dude, just what does a "wishful sound" actually sound like via e-platforms? ;)

Yes, Sedona did, in fact, visit Notre Dame and apparently had a good visit with the Irish before choosing Texas. To the best of my recollection, Geno had a home visit with Sedona and her family before choosing UT. So, both of our schools' forays kind of got nipped in the bud, no?

Maybe that visit to Notre Dame was enough for the Prince family? Or maybe there's one scheduled that has not been publicized?
Who knows? We'll find out soon enough.

Oh, I seem to recall Jess Shepard visiting at least one other school (S. Carolina?) before settling on ND and Chartrice White visited ND and Louisville before visiting and selecting Florida State. So, while a lot of transfers go the "one and done" route, a few do check the menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom