Sedona Prince Transfer Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Sedona Prince Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I continue to read this comment by various posters and wonder if the people making it actually watched the game. Yes, Z was very good in the first half vs ND. But at halftime MM made a number of adjustments, one of which was to double Z quickly whenever she received the ball in the post. In the 2nd half Z was quickly doubled, rushed her shots and was ineffective, so Geno sat her down. The idea that UConn would have won the game if only Geno had stuck with Z in the 2nd half just isn’t born out by the reality of the game itself.
No, reality says we would have won going away. Geno's biggest mistake and probably why Z turned pro.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
No, it would have been CD, with Kia handling point.

Doubt Geno would've wanted Nurse at PG during crucial minutes. Either way, UConn still had a nice lead halfway through the 4th with Stevens in the game and failed to put it away as I've mentioned before.

Reaction Score
Sedona had some real talent pre-TX! Hopefully she'll be able to come all the way back from that terrible injury! I have nothing to base it on but I just have a feeling she'll sign on with UCONN! Call it "an itch I can't scratch!"

MTC

Reaction Score
I get the feeling that many of these recruits have ten or more offers. If this is true we will probably go down to the deadline before we know if any of these ladies are picking UConn.

Reaction Score
I haven't ready any of this thread, so I apologize if it's been discussed. Has she visited anywhere else?

Reaction Score
No, reality says we would have won going away. Geno's biggest mistake and probably why Z turned pro.
No, reality is that the refs had way more to do with the loss than anything Geno did. How is Steven's doing in the pros?

Reaction Score
Shepard was a dominant post?

'Dominant" is a relative term. Is She Brittany Griner or Tina Charles dominant? No.

But she is more dominant than the vast majority of her competition which makes her, in relative terms, a dominant post.

I thought her transfer to ND was smart. Her improvement under Mcgraw was significant and visible (I am a diehard UConn fan). She was pro-ready when she graduated ND.

In the short time she played injury free on the Lynx she was terrific...I think she might have made the WNBA All Rookie Team had she stayed healthy.

Shepard is versatile and turned out to be a much better player than I ever thought she could be while playing for Nebraska.

Reaction Score
why would a skilled and athletic 6'7" post player (if healthy) not be the right fit for anybody?

I'm right there with you. What's not to like?

Under Geno, with Sedona's skill set there is no doubt in my mind that she is an All America and a 1st round pick in the WNBA if she can stay healthy.

Uconn needs a true post. A versatile post who moves well is just that much better. Sedona has tremendous upside and should she choose Uconn, Geno will take her to the promised land.

I liiiike her!!!

Reaction Score
Blaming the game on Geno imo is way off base. Stevens played quite a bit in 3rd quarter and all in the 4th. If they couldn't get separation from them during this time while she had healthy legs then this talk that she should have played more is just wild guessing.

Reaction Score
I'm right there with you. What's not to like?

Under Geno, with Sedona's skill set there is no doubt in my mind that she is an All America and a 1st round pick in the WNBA if she can stay healthy.

Uconn needs a true post. A versatile post who moves well is just that much better. Sedona has tremendous upside and should she choose Uconn, Geno will take her to the promised land.

I liiiike her!!!
Some posters want to tsk tsk and shake their heads, but if you look at her workout video there is a lot of versitilty to her game and fluidity of motion in her mechanics. Yes, under Geno she can be amazing because at 6'7 you cannot name a post her size that made shooting and dribbling look so natural. Basketball is a game of rhythm n flow, she has that and can be force for our girls. Think about her running the floor in a lineup that includes any combination of ONO, Dangerfield, Williams, Westbrook, Walker and Makurat... We haven't had that kind of versatility and size since Dolson, Stewie, Stokes and Tuck. And though we have no one who is currently on par with any of them when they were at UConn, what made the Dynasty (13-16) NC teams such a force was the combination of effective post players and excellent guard play. Balance.
With the addition of Beuckers, Muhl and another post-forward player (like a a Tuck) its hard to imagine anyone putting a better team on the floor with a better coach and program. I truly believe we are a Prince and a piece or 2 from having another great UConn NC run of 3 or 4 years. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Some posters want to tsk tsk and shake their heads, but if you look at her workout video there is a lot of versitilty to her game and fluidity of motion in her mechanics. Yes, under Geno she can be amazing because at 6'7 you cannot name a post her size that made shooting and dribbling look so natural. Basketball is a game of rhythm n flow, she has that and can be force for our girls. Think about her running the floor in a lineup that includes any combination of ONO, Dangerfield, Williams, Westbrook, Walker and Makurat... We haven't had that kind of versatility and size since Dolson, Stewie, Stokes and Tuck. And though we have no one who is currently on par with any of them when they were at UConn, what made the Dynasty (13-16) NC teams such a force was the combination of effective post players and excellent guard play. Balance.
With the addition of Beuckers, Muhl and another post-forward player (like a a Tuck) its hard to imagine anyone putting a better team on the floor with a better coach and program. I truly believe we are a Prince and a piece or 2 from having another great UConn NC run of 3 or 4 years. Go Huskies!
"I truly believe we are a Prince and a piece or 2 from having another great UConn NC run of 3 or 4 years. Go Huskies!"...if she stays healthy, its a pretty good bet! Wouldn't it be nice:cool:

Reaction Score
"I truly believe we are a Prince and a piece or 2 from having another great UConn NC run of 3 or 4 years. Go Huskies!"...if she stays healthy, its a pretty good bet! Wouldn't it be nice:cool:
Ywe, it would. I its very close to a reality. As close as the Dynasty would be continued if A'ja Wilson or Kalani Brown or Lauren Cox chose differently. Lol. Go Huskies!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"I truly believe we are a Prince and a piece or 2 from having another great UConn NC run of 3 or 4 years. Go Huskies!"...if she stays healthy, its a pretty good bet!
noooo.gif

We're Doomed!

Reaction Score

There is zero doubt that Prince is an extremely talented player, my only concern is her health. She has had 2 surgeries already and has not yet proven she is fully healthy.

Reaction Score
Aubrey Griffin ... !

Reaction Score
'Dominant" is a relative term. Is She Brittany Griner or Tina Charles dominant? No.

But she is more dominant than the vast majority of her competition which makes her, in relative terms, a dominant post.

I thought her transfer to ND was smart. Her improvement under Mcgraw was significant and visible (I am a diehard UConn fan). She was pro-ready when she graduated ND.

In the short time she played injury free on the Lynx she was terrific...I think she might have made the WNBA All Rookie Team had she stayed healthy.

Shepard is versatile and turned out to be a much better player than I ever thought she could be while playing for Nebraska.

Honestly, I think you defined “dominant post” down to support your thesis. Shepard is a good player. I would not describe her as a dominant post. Last year she wasn’t even the best “post” on her team.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I think you defined “dominant post” down to support your thesis. Shepard is a good player. I would not describe her as a dominant post. Last year she wasn’t even the best “post” on her team.

Shepard averaged 16pts and 8rebs, was one of the top 25 players in the country, while playing in the best conference in the country. Yes. in my opinion, that is dominant.

Reaction Score
Shepard averaged 16pts and 8rebs, was one of the top 25 players in the country, while playing in the best conference in the country. Yes. in my opinion, that is dominant.
True except Pac-12 is by far best conference top to bottom.

Reaction Score
True except Pac-12 is by far best conference top to bottom.

It wasn't in 2017-18, which is the year I am referencing, the ACC had 8 NCAA tournament teams including Louisville(1), Notre Dame(1), FSU(3), NCST(4). and Duke(5) all seeded 5 or higher.

Reaction Score

Then you and I have a different definition of “dominant.” I would define it as always, or almost always being the best player on the floor. And at least being in the conversation for AA. Shepard was not even considered one of the two best players on her team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom