Sedona Prince Transfer Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Sedona Prince Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Westbrook is same age as Walker, isn't she? She might go?

Probably not an issue, my bad. I guess (like Stevens) the concern would be whether she stays for 2021-2022 assuming she has to sit out 2019-2020.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I wonder if you could answer a question for me? In terms of "ceiling and floors." If Geno were to coach Collier separately. And coach Prince separately. In terms of "a floor" factoring in their current strengths and weaknesses-- who would you project to have the higher "floor?" You think Prince has both the higher floor and the higher ceiling? I don't know -just asking. You and coco and many others follow the younger kids much more than I.

I haven't really seen enough of either to feel certain about those types of things. I'm just more impressed by Prince on film, and she was good in the McDonald's AA game too. Certainly, either would be helped by Geno being their coach.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Sluconn, I for one like that kind of talk. I would love to see DeBerry come to Storrs. She’s in the top 3 on my must have list for her class.
I think along the same lines as you regarding who I want to commit to UConn and that is not good because whenever I think something is going to happen, it does not. I live in St. Louis and I thought the hockey Blues would not win a game in the SC series. Well, I was very wrong. So I hope my believing that UConn will get a big for 2019 and 2020 will not work against them. Who are your other two choices for her class?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I think along the same lines as you regarding who I want to commit to UConn and that is not good because whenever I think something is going to happen, it does not. I live in St. Louis and I thought the hockey Blues would not win a game in the SC series. Well, I was very wrong. So I hope my believing that UConn will get a big for 2019 and 2020 will not work against them. Who are your other two choices for her class?

Fudd and Demetre. Congratulations on your Blues winning Lord Stanley's cup. The 52 year drought is over. I'm sure Blues fans are still dancing in the streets of St. Louis, they have every right to. Life is good! Party on sir!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Se does have a limtied skill set but she has incredible potnetial.

For me "an elite prospect" is top 3. Number 6-8 can be elite. But so can number 10.

from what I have seen, ONO can handle the ball proficiently, she has a good mid range game and actually has decent range to the three point line, she can score with her back to the basket, can finish with either hand, she's a pretty decent passer, a fine shot blocker................I'm not sure where she is limited other then needing to get stronger and fouling too often which should be less of an issue as she gets more experience................as far as elite goes.................anybody in the top 100 can be an elite player..................those numbers mean nothing the minute a freshman steps on the court for the first time.......................just look at ESPN #80 Megan Gustafson

Reaction Score
Stevens played 28 in the national semi.

UConn did go without Dangerfield for stretches which is why she played just 30 minutes that night, second fewest to Stevens. While it's true that UConn had a big run with Stevens in during the first half, it's also true that Stevens was in the game when UConn lost their 7-pt lead late in the 4th.

Stevens’ 19 points were the second-highest on the team, and she was UCONN’s most productive scorer (points scored per minute played). Geno inexplicably sat her for most of the third quarter after she had a great first half.

Reaction Score
Would love to see more recruits with this "limited skill set." My main concerns with ONO are her tendency to foul and her thin build. Expect both to get stronger over time.
Limited meaning she does not stretch the defensive with a reliable jumper. All her scoring is in the paint and her lightness of build and no hook shot to speak of limits her scoring. Sedona seems to have a more fluid and higher percentage jumper. Couple that with being 6'7, there is more to her game than just putting back misses n open layups which is what ONO was limited to last year. Go Huskies! Btw, we can do without the sarcasm. I watch a lot of basketball and in particular the women's game, I'm not just on here making random comments.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Limited meaning she does not stretch the defensive with a reliable jumper. All her scoring is in the paint and her lightness of build and no hook shot to speak of limits her scoring. Sedona seems to have a more fluid and higher percentage jumper. Couple that with being 6'7, there is more to her game than just putting back misses n open layups which is what ONO was limited to last year. Go Huskies! Btw, we can do without the sarcasm. I watch a lot of basketball and in particular the women's game, I'm not just on here making random comments.
You're right that she doesn't stretch the defense with 3-ball range. But her jumper from the elbow looked really good to me.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

ONO's jumper is actually pretty good, I expect to see it unleashed next season..........

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Stevens’ 19 points were the second-highest on the team, and she was UCONN’s most productive scorer (points scored per minute played). Geno inexplicably sat her for most of the third quarter after she had a great first half.

She wasn't a starter so she was always going to sit a good portion of the 3rd. Either way, they had a 7-pt lead with about 5 minutes to go and couldn't hold it.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I continue to read this comment by various posters and wonder if the people making it actually watched the game. Yes, Z was very good in the first half vs ND. But at halftime MM made a number of adjustments, one of which was to double Z quickly whenever she received the ball in the post. In the 2nd half Z was quickly doubled, rushed her shots and was ineffective, so Geno sat her down. The idea that UConn would have won the game if only Geno had stuck with Z in the 2nd half just isn’t born out by the reality of the game itself.

Reaction Score
from what I have seen, ONO can handle the ball proficiently, she has a good mid range game and actually has decent range to the three point line, she can score with her back to the basket, can finish with either hand, she's a pretty decent passer, a fine shot blocker......I'm not sure where she is limited other then needing to get stronger and fouling too often which should be less of an issue as she gets more experience......as far as elite goes.......anybody in the top 100 can be an elite player...those numbers mean nothing the minute a freshman steps on the court for the first time........just look at ESPN #80 Megan Gustafson

I don;t agree with anything you've said in terms of skill (from ball-handling, to passing, to shooting) at this moment in time. However I do think she has the potential to be a super great player.

Reaction Score
heck....I guess we should be amazed that she got recruited in the first place!!! ......;)

C'mon stop the exaggeration. I think she has super potential. I said that. And I think she is going to start for a top 5 team and be the anchor for inside defense. Combine those things and that imo is tremendous. Secondly I could exaggerate your prior posts and say "I guess we could pencil in ONO for being a lock for 1st team A/A." I know you didn't mean this though it's the same you have just done to me.

IMO her shot is erratic 10 to 15 feet. That's still imo a major "work in progress." Just because she can hit an occasional jump shot doesn't mean she's good at it to call it a skill. An opposing team will give her that shot all the time. A skill imo means she can hit it consistently. IMO she has shown thus far she can't hit it consistently. If she was able to hit her shot consistently, be a good ball-handler and be a good passer as you say with all of this- then why did she only average just over 4 points per game while averaging just .66 assists per game while having all that talent surrounding her? She averaged near one turnover a game (.87) - more turnovers than assists. That's not telling us she can pass. Not yet. With such low numbers this imo tells us we wanted to limit giving her the ball. A player imo that has skill shooting, dribbling and passing is a triple threat and you'd want to give them the ball often. Especially a player with great size.

ONO is a special talent but right now is very raw. Her defense iis what makes her bones right now and I'm damn glad to have her because of it.

Reaction Score
Stop with the size already. Some of you are over the top. Baylor won 1 NC with Griner and 1 with Brown. Miss. St. won 0 with McCowan.

I see nothing wrong with having a serviceable post player off the bench, Baylor had Pope or Williams to help Griner inside off the bench, and Brown had Smith and Queen off the bench to help her out.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I see nothing wrong with having a serviceable post player off the bench, Baylor had Pope or Williams to help Griner inside off the bench, and Brown had Smith and Queen off the bench to help her out.
If Prince is healthy she’ll be much more than a serviceable post player. Coming out of HS, Prince’s skill set was superior to either Brown’s or McGowan’s at a similar stage in their careers.

Reaction Score
C'mon stop the exaggeration. I think she has super potential. I said that. And I think she is going to start for a top 5 team and be the anchor for inside defense. Combine those things and that imo is tremendous. Secondly I could exaggerate your prior posts and say "I guess we could pencil in ONO for being a lock for 1st team A/A." I know you didn't mean this though it's the same you have just done to me.

IMO her shot is erratic 10 to 15 feet. That's still imo a major "work in progress." Just because she can hit an occasional jump shot doesn't mean she's good at it to call it a skill. An opposing team will give her that shot all the time. A skill imo means she can hit it consistently. IMO she has shown thus far she can't hit it consistently. If she was able to hit her shot consistently, be a good ball-handler and be a good passer as you say with all of this- then why did she only average just over 4 points per game while averaging just .66 assists per game while having all that talent surrounding her? She averaged near one turnover a game (.87) - more turnovers than assists. That's not telling us she can pass. Not yet. With such low numbers this imo tells us we wanted to limit giving her the ball. A player imo that has skill shooting, dribbling and passing is a triple threat and you'd want to give them the ball often. Especially a player with great size.

ONO is a special talent but right now is very raw. Her defense iis what makes her bones right now and I'm damn glad to have her because of it.

I think she's fully capable of becoming an All American but time will tell....................I think you throw me off when you say she doesn't have certain skills but I've seen enough from her past play to believe that the skills are there.....................she simply needs the confidence that comes from experience to use them..................I also think that she was not the focus of the offense last year but that will surely change for the upcoming season where she should be expected to be much more of an offensive force...................I'd like to think that she could average 12 points a games at a minimum next year...............

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Well, back to Sedona Prince. Did you know she brought her pets to her Freshman dorm at Texas. Gerbils Simon and Speedy. Two summers ago she spoke about her goals on Team USA:

Reaction Score
Stop with the size already. Some of you are over the top. Baylor won 1 NC with Griner and 1 with Brown. Miss. St. won 0 with McCowan.

How many teams have won a NC without a dominant post player over the past 10 years? ZERO! Sure, you can win without a dominant post, but as history shows us, you can't win the big one!

2010 UConn Charles
2011 Texas A&M Adams
2012 Baylor Griner
2013 UConn Stewart/Dolson
2014 UConn Stewart/Dolson
2015 UConn Stewart
2016 UConn Stewart
2017 USC Wilson
2018 ND Shepard
2019 Baylor Brown/Cox

Status
Not open for further replies.