SEC teams to get $55m each | The Boneyard

SEC teams to get $55m each

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
UConn to the SEC?

CL82

Reaction Score
Which raises an interesting question if Clemson and FSU left, who would be the schools to replace them. The easy answer from our perspective is Notre Dame, although I don’t see that happening unless they are forced into it, and Connecticut. But are there other candidates?

Reaction Score
Which raises an interesting question if Clemson and FSU left, who would be the schools to replace them. The easy answer from our perspective is Notre Dame, although I don’t see that happening unless they are forced into it, and Connecticut. But are there other candidates?
Cinci
UCF
But moot as the ACC schools are locked in until 2035 or so

Reaction Score
I don't think Cincinnati or ucf leave for a weak Acc. In this scenario anyway

CL82

Reaction Score
Cinci
UCF
But moot as the ACC schools are locked in until 2035 or so
Cincy? Bad geographic fit and already part of a P5 conference.

UCF? Possibly, if FSU were to leave

Reaction Score
Cincy? Bad geographic fit and already part of a P5 conference.

UCF? Possibly, if FSU were to leave
Bad geographic fit? Cincinnati is right in the middle of Notre Dame, Louisville and Pittsburgh. They actually connect the dots. But I agree, they probably wouldn't join a watered down ACC.

Reaction Score
It's easy to say Clemson & FSU should go to SEC but, why would the SEC want them?

How does either school drive a significant revenue increase to the conference?

Reaction Score
I agree with others, the ACC is locked in. But if that were to happen, then the ACC and Big 12 would both be so far below the B1G and SEC that the wheels would probably blow off. The SEC would be at 18. Maybe the B1G finally goes after UNC, UVA, Kansas...2 growing mega football conferences.

Reaction Score
Just how solid is the Grant of Rights? I know it's been discussed ad nauseum but...

"If Clemson and Florida State both elected to leave the ACC, complete turmoil would break out within the conference. Because of the loss of two schools, ESPN would have every right to renegotiate its contractual agreement with the ACC and could, in some respects, leave the conference for dead.

The one thing we have to remember in these hypothetical renegotiations is that ESPN would hold all the cards and the ACC would have almost nothing. The conference has nearly no negotiating power when its two biggest brands are gone.

In turn, the ACC may would fold on its own, leaving the other 12 conference members to find a new home. If there’s no ACC, there’s no Grant of Rights agreement."

CL82

Reaction Score
Bad geographic fit? Cincinnati is right in the middle of Notre Dame, Louisville and Pittsburgh. They actually connect the dots. But I agree, they probably wouldn't join a watered down ACC.
Yeah, that was a bit of a brain fart on my part.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom