Vanderbilt at Auburn
Tennessee at Kentucky
Mississippi State at LSU
Florida at Missouri
Georgia at South Carolina

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I wonder what will happen in 2-3 years when Texas and Oklahoma join the SEC. Guessing 16 conference games will still be the norm; but, it will probably shift to every school playing each other once (15 games), with the "permanent" opponent being a home-and-away 2-game series annually. Just make TX and OU each other's permanent opponents, and it's all seamless, right? :D

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I wonder what will happen in 2-3 years when Texas and Oklahoma join the SEC. Guessing 16 conference games will still be the norm; but, it will probably shift to every school playing each other once (15 games), with the "permanent" opponent being a home-and-away 2-game series annually. Just make TX and OU each other's permanent opponents, and it's all seamless, right? :D
You're close. They announced a couple months ago they will stick with the 16-game schedule. There will be one home and away series annually for each team, but the opponent will not be permanent. It will rotate. For instance, if you guys play the Sooners home and away your first year in the league, you won't do that again for 14 years as you rotate that home and away series among every other team in the league.

Reaction Score
Just saw the MSST non-conference schedule. With that OOC schedule we will not know much about how good or bad we are, we could go undefeated OOC and not even be rated in the top 20. My concern is those games are not going to attract our fans and certainly not prepare the team for a really tough SEC!

Reaction Score
Well honestly. LSU may go 13-3 or 14-2. At best. 12-4/11-5 at worse. Their SEC schedule is not exactly strong.

I'm not being biased either

Reaction Score
Well honestly. LSU may go 13-3 or 14-2. At best. 12-4/11-5 at worse. Their SEC schedule is not exactly strong.

I'm not being biased either
Nothing about LSU's schedule is strong so i believe you on the non-bias.

Reaction Score
I think SC & Tenn can potentially meet with undefeated conference records .
Tennessee does go on the road to LSU so that should be interesting...

People continue to seem to want to over look Florida. No they aren't going to win the SEC but that team has some very talented players that can do some damage and upset some teams. KK Deans, Matharu, Broughton, Leilani Correa, Jordyn Merrit, Ra Shaya Kyle.

I also believe that is Tennessee's first SEC game and its on the road at Florida. I think it would be foolish for any team to pencil that is an automatic win.

Reaction Score

People continue to seem to want to over look Florida. No they aren't going to win the SEC but that team has some very talented players that can do some damage and upset some teams. KK Deans, Matharu, Broughton, Leilani Correa, Jordyn Merrit, Ra Shaya Kyle.

I also believe that is Tennessee's first SEC game and its on the road at Florida. I think it would be foolish for any team to pencil that is an automatic win.
Will Matharu be eligible this season ? She did transfer after the deadline ....

Reaction Score

I will take Jordan Walker , Jordan Horston , Rickea Jackson , Jasmine Franklin , Tamari Key , Sara Puckett , Brooklyn Miles , Jasmine Powell, Jillian Hollingshead , Karoline Striplin , Tess Darby , Justine Pissott , Marta Suarez , Kiya Wynn , Jessie Rennie over that Florida group. But the games do have to be played so you are right dont pencil in anything. Go out and erase doubt.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I pick Tennessee to win the SEC championship. Provided no key injuries happen.

Reaction Score
I pick Tennessee to win the SEC championship. Provided no key injuries happen.
I am an SC fan and will roll with my squad but anybody who thinks the SEC is a given for the Gamecocks is not paying attention to what Coach Harper has done this offseason. This will be as versatile and tough a team as there is in the country. Not to be a naysayer, but if I were a Vols fan my biggest concerns would be turnovers and shooting as these seem to have plagued a number of talented Tennessee teams over the years. I’ll also point out that South Carolina just won a title while not being particularly proficient in either of the above areas.

Tough conference battles are good for the game. I’m excited to see Tennessee and LSU this year.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I am an SC fan and will roll with my squad but anybody who thinks the SEC is a given for the Gamecocks is not paying attention to what Coach Harper has done this offseason. This will be as versatile and tough a team as there is in the country. Not to be a naysayer, but if I were a Vols fan my biggest concerns would be turnovers and shooting as these seem to have plagued a number of talented Tennessee teams over the years. I’ll also point out that South Carolina just won a title while not being particularly proficient in either of the above areas.

Tough conference battles are good for the game. I’m excited to see Tennessee and LSU this year.
A couple of thoughts.
1 Tennessee has a true pg. So that should help on turnovers.
2 Tennessee can press more this year. With the full roster. Last year with injuries it made it harder. It should create turnovers and easy scores.

Reaction Score

I have LSU finishing second with Georgia and Florida in there right behind and then Tennessee. I think Kim’s coaching superiority will come out a bit more but that non-conference is terribly weak and they could pay for it later. I think Georgia will be extremely tough especially defensively. They could be the best defensive team in the SEC. I don’t think they will score 70-80 points a night but I do think they will hold most teams under 60 points and that alone will allow them to win many ball games. And Florida now has size talent and experience to go with a coach who’s probably super underrated. Adding players like Correa, Deans and Matharu gives them more scoring and backcourt quickness. Kyle gives them size they didn’t have to stay in games against better teams. They will be tough to deal with.

Reaction Score
I will take Jordan Walker , Jordan Horston , Rickea Jackson , Jasmine Franklin , Tamari Key , Sara Puckett , Brooklyn Miles , Jasmine Powell, Jillian Hollingshead , Karoline Striplin , Tess Darby , Justine Pissott , Marta Suarez , Kiya Wynn , Jessie Rennie over that Florida group. But the games do have to be played so you are right dont pencil in anything. Go out and erase doubt.
I get that and you should be confident with that level of talent

As we all know its a very long season. There will be times where teams will be up and down, have an off night, or run into a extremely hot team. As amazing as SC was last season, they slipped up just once against Missouri. I guess my point is its extremely hard to get through conference play unscathed at times.

Should be a fun year, every year is filled with surprises and things happen that many wouldn't expect on paper.

Reaction Score
Great points made by all. The SEC is going to be brutal! We all know how good South Carolina and Tennessee will be. The rest of field is going to be interesting. If Tennessee can stay healthy, they could run away with the SEC with South Carolina right behind. I am curious to see how Georgia does with KAH and her style of play. Also, curious to see what Arkansas does as well. The SEC is going to be must-see TV this winter.

Reaction Score
Great points made by all. The SEC is going to be brutal! We all know how good South Carolina and Tennessee will be. The rest of field is going to be interesting. If Tennessee can stay healthy, they could run away with the SEC with South Carolina right behind. I am curious to see how Georgia does with KAH and her style of play. Also, curious to see what Arkansas does as well. The SEC is going to be must-see TV this winter.
If you could see the amused look I'm giving this post right now... :p;)

ETA: before everybody gets all up in arms and throws the "y'all always try to make everything about you" rocks at me, I was joking around. Netflix and CHILL everybody. LOL.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
okay @ThatCG1801 , I'll throw in my amusement too. Not that I'm discounting the possibility that the Vols could win the conference especially since we play on their home court - but that the Vols could "run away with the SEC,"

Reaction Score
Will Matharu be eligible this season ? She did transfer after the deadline ....

I don't think she did. I am not sure if she is transferring as a grad student and that's why she waited to hit the portal. If she isn't a grad student, she would have to apply for a waiver.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom