SEC Recruiting: The 2024 Backstretch. | The Boneyard

SEC Recruiting: The 2024 Backstretch.

Reaction Score
Well, we are heading down the backstretch with early signing period beginning in 5 days!

Texas (all 24 recruits will be in the SEC for their careers) leads the pack of three, with two Top Ten recruits in #7 Justice Carleton and #8 Jordan Lee plus another top 50 in Bryanna Preston. Indeed they could add #19 Arianna Roberson. Vic finally loading up for his SEC return?

South Carolina is hanging back with number 12 Maddy McDaniel and #36 Adhel Tac but can take the lead with #2 Joyce Edwards and #6 Kennedy Smith.

LSU is hoping for a Daily Double of 1,2 and 3 with Sarah Strong, Joyce Edwards and Jaloni Cambridge. The Edwards battle with SCar is a key conference showdown with Stanford lurking in the library.

Outsiders pose a Danger on the tracks as UConn looks to spoil both LSU's day by taking Strong and Texas' by taking Roberson. Ohio State looking mighty strong with Cambridge. UCLA looking strong with Kennedy Smith.

Looks like LSU and SCar jockeys are whipping each other in the face as we head down the stretch

Each of these three COULD end up with the number one class. UConn could ruin everybody's day . . . One in very particular

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Well, we are heading down the backstretch with early signing period beginning in 5 days!

Texas (all 24 recruits will be in the SEC for their careers) leads the pack of three, with two Top Ten recruits in #7 Justice Carleton and #8 Jordan Lee plus another top 50 in Bryanna Preston. Indeed they could add #19 Arianna Roberson. Vic finally loading up for his SEC return?

South Carolina is hanging back with number 12 Maddy McDaniel and #36 Adhel Tac but can take the lead with #2 Joyce Edwards and #6 Kennedy Smith.

LSU is hoping for a Daily Double of 1,2 and 3 with Sarah Strong, Joyce Edwards and Jaloni Cambridge. The Edwards battle with SCar is a key conference showdown with Stanford lurking in the library.

Outsiders pose a Danger on the tracks as UConn looks to spoil both LSU's day by taking Strong and Texas' by taking Roberson. Ohio State looking mighty strong with Cambridge. UCLA looking strong with Kennedy Smith.

Looks like LSU and SCar jockeys are whipping each other in the face as we head down the stretch

Each of these three COULD end up with the number one class. UConn could ruin everybody's day . . . One in very particular
I didn't think Texas was in Roberson's final five. Has that changed?

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Really happy with Texas' class. Don't expect it to be #1 at the end of the day, but Top 5 is good enough for me as it fills needs.

No. 1 Texas Longhorns
Highest ranked commit:
F Justice Carlton (No. 7)

Carlton is an active and aggressive forward on the glass, who is also comfortable putting the ball on the floor and creating in the face-up game or pushing the ball full court after defensive rebounds. She is able to stretch the floor on the offensive end because she is a threat in catch-and-shoot three-point opportunities. Her knack on the defensive end for getting her hands on the ball in passing lanes and using her physicality for an advantage makes her a tough matchup on both ends.

No. 8 Jordan Lee has a reputation for being a lock-down perimeter defender. Over the last couple of seasons, she has shown a steady improvement on the offense end -- particularly in the areas of creating her own shot and a higher percentage 3.

Texas will turn to point guard Bryanna Preston, the No. 43 recruit in the 2023 class, in the backcourt. She is a quick guard who excels in defensive ball pressure, pushing the ball in the fast break while also breaking down defenses off the dribble and creating for teammates.

This is a very complementary class for the style of Coach Vic Schaefer and the Texas program. They all play with a defensive prowess and have a requisite physical toughness for their conference move to the SEC next season.

Reaction Score
Anyway here’s the scoop (take it however you wish - me, I’m hopeful they are wrong but they have LSU street cred - big time)

Edwards was offered (Today) a guaranteed $2.2 million NIL deal which included “local transportation”, no in-class attendance after freshman class responsibilities are met, off campus 3 bedroom apartment to sign with LSU and access for parents (family) to travel via private air to any or all LSU games. Deal covers first two years but comes with added NIL bonuses such as SEC Freshman of the Year, Freshman All-American, SEC Freshman of the Year. Any tournament MVP or equal, Player of the Year and the same team bonus for 1) making the NCAA tournament (last yr each player received a $10k NIL Bonus deal for making the tournament) 2) team NIL bonus for making Sweet 16, FF and the NC ($25k last yr)

They now expect her to silently commit soon but not announce until April because she’s having issues being able to tell Staley no. She’s best friends with Chloe Kitts (very tight) as well as friends with a few other Gamecocks. Apparently she wants to wait until April, finish as quickly as possible and get out of the state.

Reaction Score
Anyway here’s the scoop (take it however you wish - me, I’m hopeful they are wrong but they have LSU street cred - big time)

Edwards was offered (Today) a guaranteed $2.2 million NIL deal which included “local transportation”, no in-class attendance after freshman class responsibilities are met, off campus 3 bedroom apartment to sign with LSU and access for parents (family) to travel via private air to any or all LSU games. Deal covers first two years but comes with added NIL bonuses such as SEC Freshman of the Year, Freshman All-American, SEC Freshman of the Year. Any tournament MVP or equal, Player of the Year and the same team bonus for 1) making the NCAA tournament (last yr each player received a $10k NIL Bonus deal for making the tournament) 2) team NIL bonus for making Sweet 16, FF and the NC ($25k last yr)

They now expect her to silently commit soon but not announce until April because she’s having issues being able to tell Staley no. She’s best friends with Chloe Kitts (very tight) as well as friends with a few other Gamecocks. Apparently she wants to wait until April, finish as quickly as possible and get out of the state.
This would be completely ludicrous. I simply cannot believe this is anything more than fan fiction.

Reaction Score

This is pure nonsense.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

You forgot to include that she was guaranteed a statue bigger than A'ja Wilson's as well as a spot on Elon Musk's next space mission

Reaction Score
I know you guys are having fun with me - but she has pushed her commitment schedule back to maybe April. If she goes to L$U- its the NIL deal. If she goes to Stanford- then it was academics all along. If its to South Carolina- she followed her heart.

Reaction Score
I know you guys are having fun with me - but she has pushed her commitment schedule back to maybe April. If she goes to L$U- its the NIL deal. If she goes to Stanford- then it was academics all along. If its to South Carolina- she followed her heart.
Has JOYCE stated anywhere that she will not decide until "maybe April?" Or is this just more speculation?

Reaction Score
Has JOYCE stated anywhere that she will not decide until "maybe April?" Or is this just more speculation?
First thing. I know you and I have been going back and forth on this rumor thing but l love you, thanks for bringing me to this forum , and forgive me if I offended you in anyway.

Now back to your ?

Go to the first thread in this post. Its an article in the State Newspaper where she is speaking.

Reaction Score
First thing. I know you and I have been going back and forth on this rumor thing but l love you, thanks for bringing me to this forum , and forgive me if I offended you in anyway.

Now back to your ?

Go to the first thread in this post. Its an article in the State Newspaper where she is speaking.
You have not offended. I just like to know the sources especially in these internet days when anything can be reported.

Love you too may gamecock sis/bro

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I know you guys are having fun with me - but she has pushed her commitment schedule back to maybe April. If she goes to L$U- it’s the NIL deal. If she goes to Stanford- then it was academics all along. If its to South Carolina- she followed her heart.
Just for clarity sake, she said she may sign early and she may sign late. She had not made up her mind - as of five days ago in the article by the state. Unless something else is revealed she has not (yet) “ pushed her commitment schedule to” April. She MAY.

I guess we’ll see over the next few days.

Reaction Score
Just for clarity sake, she said she may sign early and she may sign late. She had not made up her mind - as of five days ago in the article by the state. Unless something else is revealed she has not (yet) “ pushed her commitment schedule to” April. She MAY.

I guess we’ll see over the next few days.
I am a read the Tea Leaves guy

Reaction Score
Last edited:

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
To me that last sentence points to an exogenous what if i do this scenario. I may be teaching but its the L$U offer imo
I am a Camden native and it's anyone's guess what she will do. I think she will eventually go with South Carolina but these kids live in a different world where the chance at huge NIL deals are just as important. It's not clear what her priorities are at this point. If she were absolutely sure, I think she would have already announced. It would be a difficult decision for any 16-17 year old to make. Her family will be a factor and traveling would play a part regardless because time and effort to watch her games would be easier with a 28 mile trip to Columbia. I guess we shall see.

Reaction Score
I am a Camden native and it's anyone's guess what she will do. I think she will eventually go with South Carolina but these kids live in a different world where the chance at huge NIL deals are just as important. It's not clear what her priorities are at this point. If she were absolutely sure, I think she would have already announced. It would be a difficult decision for any 16-17 year old to make. Her family will be a factor and traveling would play a part regardless because time and effort to watch her games would be easier with a 28 mile trip to Columbia. I guess we shall see.
If anything for South Carolina fans-it should show Rival School's committment to acquire players in the NIL space...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom