SEC offering Missouri - supposedly | The Boneyard

SEC offering Missouri - supposedly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
from the WVU board and Twitter report

@sptwri Mike DeArmond

Story going up momentarily at Kansascity.com that Missouri has an offer from SEC but that SEC is willing to wait on implosion of Big 12

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
after WVU was declined, this was almost a certainty

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
WVU wasn't declined outright. They are in UConn and Rutgers mode.

Missouri accepted as #14 contingent upon the B-12 implostion. this was hinted at weeks ago. If it was WVU the offer would have been made 2 weeks ago when Slive was given permission to pursue a 14th team

Still looking like Scott oversold the PAC-16 to Big-12 ADs and the press and the fans and the B-12 Presidents and undersold it to the PAC-12 Presidents.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
If the Big Ten was at all thinking of expanding (not sure if they really are), this may force their hand into action. I would think that any Big Ten expansion in their minds would include Missouri. It is now or never time.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
The only team that will give them marquee National Games is Notre Dame

13 teams? Nothing wrong with that. They played with 11teams for years when people said "It will never work". After 20 years I guess those people were right :)/ They had to have Nebraska to be better :)

Reaction Score
If the Big Ten was at all thinking of expanding (not sure if they really are), this may force their hand into action. I would think that any Big Ten expansion in their minds would include Missouri. It is now or never time.

They're not that big a catch.
ND and Rutgers would probably be fine for Big10 in the end. They can also easily pull Maryland into the league any time they want.

Reaction Score
They're not that big a catch.
ND and Rutgers would probably be fine for Big10 in the end. They can also easily pull Maryland into the league any time they want.
I'd laugh my arse off is the B1G landed ND, Rutgers, UConn, and pulled Maryland out. of the ACC. Never happen, but funny to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom