SEC is weak. | The Boneyard

SEC is weak.

Reaction Score
Miss State right now is the only good team. Tenn you can't count on. SC isn't good yet. Missouri, LSU, A&M and Georgia look disappointing so far. Auburn and Kentucky might surprise but not enough talent. The rest are bottom feeders. Bama lost to Utah. I was happy to see that. I like Utah's coach. No wonder Dawn Staley is so upbeat after a loss.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Miss State right now is the only good team. Tenn you can't count on. SC isn't good yet. Missouri, LSU, A&M and Georgia look disappointing so far. Auburn and Kentucky might surprise but not enough talent. The rest are bottom feeders. Bama lost to Utah. I was happy to see that. I like Utah's coach. No wonder Dawn Staley is so upbeat after a loss.

I'm not surprised. Look at what some of the stronger teams lost from a year ago:
Tennessee-graduated top 2 scorers
SC-graduated POY, A'ja Wilson
Mississippi State-graduated 4 of their 5 seniors, including 1st Team AA Vivians
A&M-lost 2 of their 3 best players

Pac 12 looks to be the strongest conference this year. Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, Arizona State, UCLA and Cal should all be formidable.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
It's still early in the season. There is a lot of basketball left.

Reaction Score
Overall yea I can agree. I mean you have Miss State and the questionable Tennessee. Not saying Tenn is bad, just waiting to see them against a formable opponent.

Maybe when Cuevas-Moore comes back she will help boost SC. However, not sure how much that will help.

Reaction Score

South Carolina plays Baylor on Dec. 2 & Duke on Dec. 9. UCONN plays DePaul on Nov. 28, Notre Dame on Dec. 2, Cal on Dec. 22. Stanford plays Baylor on December 15, and then Tennessee on December 18. Oregon plays MSU on December 18. Oregon State "could" have a game with South Carolina November 23. And either South Carolina or Oregon State "could" have a game with Notre Dame on Nov. 24.

It will very interesting to see how the rankings have changed when AP publishes on Monday, December 24.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
South Carolina plays Baylor on Dec. 2 & Duke on Dec. 9. UCONN plays DePaul on Nov. 28, Notre Dame on Dec. 2, Cal on Dec. 22. Stanford plays Baylor on December 15, and then Tennessee on December 18. Oregon plays MSU on December 18. Oregon State "could" have a game with South Carolina November 23. And either South Carolina or Oregon State "could" have a game with Notre Dame on Nov. 24.

It will very interesting to see how the rankings have changed when AP publishes on Monday, December 24.

I agree with this.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think when SEC play starts. We will find out about these teams.

Reaction Score
I think when SEC play starts. We will find out about these teams.
That makes no sense?? If the league turns out to be weak overall then you have weak teams playing each other. You can not really use league play to assess league strength. When league play starts all you find out is how the teams rank in respect to each other.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
All I know is Oregon and Oregon State look like Final Four teams. Mississippi State doesn’t look bad either but they’ve played nobody, like.. nobody. So I’m exercising caution on the Bulldogs.

But yeah, those three stand out to me right now.

Reaction Score
As of right now Miss St looks to be the best team

Tennessee is as talented as anyone out there but the coaching has been suspect under Holy.

South Carolina. Dawn really needs to hire someone who knows how to run a offense. It has always been stagnant, just throw the ball to post player. They have talented kids, I am amazed how atrocious the 3 point shooting is. Its really unacceptable actually given the talent on that team.

Kentucky, Missouri and Georgia are the tier right after that. Georgia just isn't very consistent right now. I do like this Kentucky team though with the addition of those two freshmen.

LSU and Auburn play good D. LSU just has zero talent outside like 2 players. Nikki Fargas has been an atrocious recruiter. Sad to see a program settle for such mediocre performances over the last 5 years, given all those final four runs not long ago.

Reaction Score
All I know is Oregon and Oregon State look like Final Four teams. Mississippi State doesn’t look bad either but they’ve played nobody, like.. nobody. So I’m exercising caution on the Bulldogs.

But yeah, those three stand out to me right now.

I haven't seen Mississippi State play this year but I assume Vic has them playing tough defense.............if they can play "D" and control the boards anything is possible

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom