SEC: 10 Game Conference Schedule Only? | The Boneyard

SEC: 10 Game Conference Schedule Only?

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
GIves them 30 more days to continue to kick the can down the road and to see what happens w/ NFL.
I feel like the P5 conferences are waiting for the NCAA to cancel the season, the NCAA is waiting for the conferences to cancel on their own. Neither side wants to be the one to pull the trigger.

Reaction Score
I feel like the P5 conferences are waiting for the NCAA to cancel the season, the NCAA is waiting for the conferences to cancel on their own. Neither side wants to be the one to pull the trigger.
The NCAA doesn't have that authority over CFP conferences.

Reaction Score
I wonder if there will be lawsuits over the cancelled games?

The Force Majeur clauses probably wou;ld not hold up...most would not have a pandemic as a specific named peril. The use of the generic clause "act of God" has not been successful in the courts...and, besides, not being able to play is different than choosing not to play.

No...court cases would be lost....but...there would be consequences. Sue an SEC, B1G, or ACC team and see if you ever are scheduled again.

Be an understanding partner and we'll play down the road.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I wonder if there will be lawsuits over the cancelled games?

The Force Majeur clauses probably wou;ld not hold up...most would not have a pandemic as a specific named peril. The use of the generic clause "act of God" has not been successful in the courts...and, besides, not being able to play is different than choosing not to play.

No...court cases would be lost....but...there would be consequences. Sue an SEC, B1G, or ACC team and see if you ever are scheduled again.

Be an understanding partner and we'll play down the road.
Doubt there are many suits. Sue today - then struggle for decades ahead booking new games.

The pandemic is unique. Most AD aren’t going to have much sympathy for the schools suing in this environment.

Reaction Score
Doubt there are many suits. Sue today - then struggle for decades ahead booking new games.

The pandemic is unique. Most AD aren’t going to have much sympathy for the schools suing in this environment.

I agree...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Yeah, suing a school for breaking a contract in this clusterfoul of a season would engender as much good will as the lawsuits brought by CT against former BE conference mates, AD's and school presidents. Good luck ever getting a buy game again in the future.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom