Seattle wins again | The Boneyard

Seattle wins again

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Seattle beats Washington in DC to solidify their playoff hopes - they go 3-1 on their road trip, and play at home the rest of the season. And they hold the tie breaker against all three teams below them in the standings - Washington, CT, and Phoenix.

Stewart with 17 and 10, Sue with 17 and 9 assists.

Reaction Score
Seattle beats Washington in DC to solidify their playoff hopes - they go 3-1 on their road trip, and play at home the rest of the season. And they hold the tie breaker against all three teams below them in the standings - Washington, CT, and Phoenix.

Pretty sure they play in Phoenix Thursday night, since I have tix (hmmm.....maybe I better go check the venue on the tix - might have to hop on Alaska Air and visit my sister in Seattle :eek: )

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Sue also had 7 boards. Her line of 17/7/9 was Maya-like. :D It's as if she is going to get her team to the playoffs even if she has to shoot and rebound herself. Moriah tried her best to get a win too, but she doesn't have nearly the help that Sue has.

When Seattle looks good, they look very, very good. They turned the ball over too much tonight, which was why the game was close. In most home games, they look great in the first quarter.

Reaction Score
VAMike and I were there; As were Brenda Frese and her Maryland Terrapin team.
1. I like Seattle; Their execution in crunch time was the difference in the game..
2. Seattle is going to be a tough out in the playoffs especially in tight games.
3. Seattle is going to be good in tight games because of Jewel Loyd.
4. Sue Bird, 14 year veteran, was phenomenal.
5. Breanna Stewart is the real deal at this level.
6. A difference maker/momentum changer for Seattle was Ramu Tokashiki, a 6-3 forward from Japan; Quick, mobile, nice shooting touch.
7. It was good to see Kaleena get into the game early and play substantial minutes. IMO, she is not out of shape, but is painfully slow, very easy to harass and defend on the perimeter, and as VAMike noted, lacks a quick, explosive first step. Seattle does not seem to go out of its way to run plays for her or to exploit her shooting prowess.
8. Washington is hard to figure out. Against a great team like Minnesota, they are world beaters. Tonight's game was winnable, yet, once Seattle took the lead, the outcome was never in doubt. VAMike also noted that Washington is a very young team, so maybe the tree will start bearing fruit next year.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sorry I couldn't join you guys! I saw Brenda and the Terps in their bright red jerseys on TV. I looked but couldn't find you guys.

I agree that Seattle could be a tough out in the playoffs. The trio of Sue, Jewell, and Stewie is really good. Sue should be in the top 10 in MVP voting.

Ramu is young and makes lots of mistakes, but her upside is high. She can dunk easily. Seattle still needs more of an inside presence. Kiah Stokes would be a huge help for then.

Kaleena makes good passes. Tonight she had 3 assists, but took 0 shots. I prefer that they get her about 6-8 open looks.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Sorry I couldn't join you guys! I saw Brenda and the Terps in their bright red jerseys on TV. I looked but couldn't find you guys.

I agree that Seattle could be a tough out in the playoffs. The trio of Sue, Jewell, and Stewie is really good. Sue should be in the top 10 in MVP voting.

Ramu is young and makes lots of mistakes, but her upside is high. She can dunk easily. Seattle still needs more of an inside presence. Kiah Stokes would be a huge help for then.

Kaleena makes good passes. Tonight she had 3 assists, but took 0 shots. I prefer that they get her about 6-8 open looks.

They should have drafted Elizabeth Williams last season..... but they didnt listen to me :cool:

Reaction Score
They should have drafted Elizabeth Williams last season..... :cool:
I agree.
Dr. EW is better than I thought she was.
With Uconn training she would have been a phenomenal basketball player.
I am waiting for her to emerge as a phenomenal doctor with Duke training.

Reaction Score

Same section as Maryland, our usual section, usual front row, but closer to the endline at the back end of Seattle's bench pretty much behind Monica Wright all night.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Same section as Maryland, our usual section, usual front row, but closer to the endline at the back end of Seattle's bench pretty much behind Monica Wright all night.
not a bad view :D

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
What has really changed for Seattle since the break is their rebounding - they had been getting badly beat on the boards and giving up a ton of O-boards. And the change is I think related to Ranu, Langhorne and Thomas when she gets in really focusing on that - as well as the guards/wings doing a better job of not letting their players sneak in to steal a few.

I am still really shocked at how inconsistent the officials are - they are just really poor.

And I couldn't believe how poorly some decision making was by Seattle during the last minute or so - two shot clock violations with a three point lead because players decided not to shoot an open shot or pass to an open teammate with 5 seconds on the clock. Sue was getting really frustrated.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
That view is attainable. Makes me wonder how long I would have to live without food and electricity for a similar view behind Notre Dame's bench.:D
hahaha have a ticket for that seat and still scared to get up and use the men's room lol

Im gonna miss the view behind the UConn bench this upcoming season

sorry, back to the Storm winning again :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member