Seattle Storm @ Phoenix Mercury - 8/31/18 | The Boneyard

Seattle Storm @ Phoenix Mercury - 8/31/18

Reaction Score
Each of Seattle’s bench players who has played has a positive +/- Each starter has a negative one.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Phoenix changed things up and started Yvonne Turner tonight. She was a W rookie at age 29 last year, after playing in 8 countries in 8 years following her career at Nebraska. Tonight, she had 19, 7, 6, and 3 in a phenomenal performance. The GOAT had only 8, all in the 4th quarter. Sue had 0 points, but 11 assists. Seattle shot only 37%. Phoenix won by 20, after a 26-10 4th quarter.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Phoenix changed things up and started Yvonne Turner tonight. She was a W rookie at age 29 last year, after playing in 8 countries in 8 years following her career at Nebraska. Tonight, she had 19, 7, 6, and 3 in a phenomenal performance. The GOAT had only 8, all in the 4th quarter. Sue had 0 points, but 11 assists. Seattle shot only 37%. Phoenix won by 20, after a 26-10 4th quarter.

Talbot was sitting out due to injury (not sure what it is) so Turner started. Had a great game in second half but Bonner was the MVP of the game with 18 pts in first half to keep the Mercury ahead. Ended with 27 / 11. I think they mentioned the stat that Bonner is the first player in WNBA history who has had double/double in first 3 playoff games and has missed 5 straight double/double by 1 rebound. What a fantastic playoff run.

upload_2018-9-1_0-16-2.png

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Weird game. Bonner really is the come back mom-player of the year. Her game has really evolved. She doesn't blow away in a gentle breese anymore. I think D gave her a pint of warrior blood early on in their joint career.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It is only fitting that a mother of twins should be getting so many double / doubles. :):)

Seriously, for her build, she really can do alot of damage in the post. Great footwork and tough as nails.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Talbot was sitting out due to injury (not sure what it is) so Turner started. Had a great game in second half but Bonner was the MVP of the game with 18 pts in first half to keep the Mercury ahead. Ended with 27 / 11. I think they mentioned the stat that Bonner is the first player in WNBA history who has had double/double in first 3 playoff games and has missed 5 straight double/double by 1 rebound. What a fantastic playoff run.

View attachment 34067

Heard that Talbot was held out due to concussion protocol.

Ever since the All-Star game, I've been more and more impressed by Bonner's play and went to the U.S. National Team to see if she was in the pool and she is not. Given that Angel is probably out for the World Cup, maybe Ms. Bonner can get an invite. Or is the pool closed at this late juncture?

Reaction Score
Bonner could be added, but does she even want to? Maybe she doesn’t want to leave her very young kids for that long or wants to take a break. She played overseas this year too.

Who do you bump in order to add her?

McCoughtry is out now, but I still have Maya and Delle Donne slotted at SF.

At PF, there could be Stewart, Charles, and Wilson... and that’s completely ignoring Ogwumike. Most here will say bump Wilson, but come on. She earned it as one of the best WNBA rookies ever. And her coach at SC is now in charge.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom