Season Wrap Up Podcast w Alex Putterman | The Boneyard

Season Wrap Up Podcast w Alex Putterman

Reaction Score
Hi all,

I've been posting my new Connecticut sports podcast primarily on the basketball board - given most of the content of late has been relevant to them, but my latest episode is perfect for here -- a season wrap up with Alex Putterman of the Courant. Our conversation:

Reaction Score
Enjoyed the podcast, except for Putterman's view that the "excuses" for the dismal defensive performance (e.g., youth and inexperience) were essentially valid. While he's likely correct in his analysis I'm still inclined to believe that if Urban Meyer or Nick Saban were coaching this defense, results would have been different.

Reaction Score
Enjoyed the podcast, except for Putterman's view that the "excuses" for the dismal defensive performance (e.g., youth and inexperience) were essentially valid. While he's likely correct in his analysis I'm still inclined to believe that if Urban Meyer or Nick Saban were coaching this defense, results would have been different.
What if they were head coach?

Look, the roster just isn't where it needs to be, but Edsall made the decision to go all youth on defense. It will be another long year next year and then we will see if were making any progress. Sucks but absent an influx of jucos and transfers I doubt the overall results will look any different.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Remember those UCF predictions?

Reaction Score
If Urban or Nick were here, they would resign to get a P5 coaching job...:)

Reaction Score
Here’s the thing. This is pretty much year 1 of the rebuild. Next season is year 2. The Diaco recruits were for all intents and purposes cut and it will be mostly Edsall guys going forward. I expect we will win a couple of 3 games next year and though it might be frustrating 2020 will be the year we reall make the turn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom