Season Tickets | The Boneyard

Season Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Has anybody purchased the season tickets through uconnhuskies.com before? I want to order the 9 game XL Center pack, but you get to the end of the order process and they never actually tell you what seats you're going to get. I get that it probably won't be the same seat every game, but I'm not about to spend $300 so they can put me in the upper level row ZZZZZ every game.

Have you had good/bad luck with the season tickets? Would I be better off buying tickets individually and getting to see the seat location before ordering?

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Has anybody purchased the season tickets through uconnhuskies.com before? I want to order the 9 game XL Center pack, but you get to the end of the order process and they never actually tell you what seats you're going to get. I get that it probably won't be the same seat every game, but I'm not about to spend $300 so they can put me in the upper level row ZZZZZ every game.

Have you had good/bad luck with the season tickets? Would I be better off buying tickets individually and getting to see the seat location before ordering?

I wonder the same thing. Is there a way to order where you know what seats or even what section you would get?

Reaction Score

First, if you order the XL Center package all of your seats will be the same for the season. Tickets are allocated on the basis of priority points accumulated over your giving history to the UConn Athletic Development Fund. No matter what your priority point situation you will not be in bad seats. You might be in the upper level but I would suspect those seats would be in the lower 1/4 of the upper level somewhere in the middle of the side arena seats.

Reaction Score
When will the AAC office publish the actual schedule? Will buy tickets at the locale based on 1) a higher number of weekend games and 2) better overall quality of opponents..

Reaction Score
First, if you order the XL Center package all of your seats will be the same for the season. Tickets are allocated on the basis of priority points accumulated over your giving history to the UConn Athletic Development Fund. No matter what your priority point situation you will not be in bad seats. You might be in the upper level but I would suspect those seats would be in the lower 1/4 of the upper level somewhere in the middle of the side arena seats.

So someone with no priority points with the Athletic Development Fund will get the worst seats of the season ticket holders, but the seats most likely will still be pretty decent? That's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.

Reaction Score
When will the AAC office publish the actual schedule? Will buy tickets at the locale based on 1) a higher number of weekend games and 2) better overall quality of opponents..

Last year it was announced August 28th, so hopefully they'll release it next week.

Reaction Score
We've had season tickets for years, but I refuse to renew until I see some sort of real schedule, just based on the principle of the entire thing.

Reaction Score
Your season seats will be better than all available single game tickets. That said, you can get moved around from year to year for no apparent reason.

Reaction Score
Your season seats will be better than all available single game tickets. That said, you can get moved around from year to year for no apparent reason.

not necessarily - if you renew online you can specify the same seats, or other things on a wish list (aisle seats, etc)

Reaction Score
not necessarily - if you renew online you can specify the same seats, or other things on a wish list (aisle seats, etc)
The first few years that was true for me. Then last year my requests went unread haha.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We've had season tickets for years, but I refuse to renew until I see some sort of real schedule, just based on the principle of the entire thing.

That's all well and good. But if you wait until after the deadline you may lose any priority you built up.

Reaction Score
That's all well and good. But if you wait until after the deadline you may lose any priority you built up.
Not expecting any big stampede of new orders, so I'm sure our seats will be the same or better.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Just as an FYI, the system ranks middle section seats, even higher up, as more preferable. If you wanted in the lower bowl, you might get end zone seats if you asked.

Reaction Score
I live about an hour from Hartford so that means im about 80-90 mins from Gampel. During the week, that extra half hour makes a big difference. It would be a lot easier for me to buy the XL Center season ticket package, but I dont want my seats to be nosebleeds either.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I live about an hour from Hartford so that means im about 80-90 mins from Gampel.

It's not just you. There have been tons of sold, but empty, seats for weeknight games in Gampel over the last few years. The secondary market for non-marquee games at Gampel is about the same as for football games.

Reaction Score
It's not just you. There have been tons of sold, but empty, seats for weeknight games in Gampel over the last few years. The secondary market for non-marquee games at Gampel is about the same as for football games.
I remember a time when it was close to impossible to get tickets for single games at Gampel through TicketMaster. My family would always buy the 3 game package for Hartford. Over the last 5 years or so, ive noticed its a lot easier to find tickets for the Gampel games on TicketMaster, but they have been somewhat reasonable on StubHub as well.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I live about an hour from Hartford so that means im about 80-90 mins from Gampel. During the week, that extra half hour makes a big difference. It would be a lot easier for me to buy the XL Center season ticket package, but I dont want my seats to be nosebleeds either.

Some years I never even make it to my actual seats. I just sit in the first row of the second level of the student section. 90% of the time there is plenty of room to spread out.

I don't love sitting behind the basket but it's better than low behind the baskets or high on the sidelines.

Plus you pretty much get your own bathroom and anyone who scalps in or buys singles can sit with you.

Reaction Score
Some years I never even make it to my actual seats. I just sit in the first row of the second level of the student section. 90% of the time there is plenty of room to spread out.

I don't love sitting behind the basket but it's better than low behind the baskets or high on the sidelines.

Plus you pretty much get your own bathroom and anyone who scalps in or buys singles can sit with you.
SHHH

Reaction Score
Just as an FYI, the system ranks middle section seats, even higher up, as more preferable. If you wanted in the lower bowl, you might get end zone seats if you asked.

We will see come October, I requested that specifically this year.

Reaction Score
Any guesses on the split of key games? Georgetown is in Hartford...Does that imply that Ohio State will be over in Gampel? Would like to put my order in prior to the August 31st deadline but don't want both Gampel and Hartford packages..

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Any guesses on the split of key games? Georgetown is in Hartford...Does that imply that Ohio State will be over in Gampel? Would like to put my order in prior to the August 31st deadline but don't want both Gampel and Hartford packages..
Yes

Reaction Score
For those that are still interested UConn extended the Season ticket priority seating (as they always do) but now you can see what games are where and maybe get a season ticket package.
Link
BB15%20-%20Deadline%20Extended.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member