Season Tickets for 2019-2020 | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Season Tickets for 2019-2020

Reaction Score
Didnt he go to prison?
Lew did not. Folks that worked for him did.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

Show me how my math is wrong. I am interested in correct information going to fans before they make a decision that can't be undone.

If like Who Ha you don't want to pay a $100 seat donation or can't afford it and don't want the upper level seats then not renewing is a sound decision, as long as he is sure he won't want tickets again in two years if the team is greatly improved and TV coverage is less. Although I think the lower priced seat donations will be available in the future to the long time donors who accumulated a decent amount of points and want back in. The $400, $600, and $800 seat donations will most likely be fully allocated within the next four years and not easy to get again for most, because once a donor is eligible to buy them they can keep them by maintaining their donation level, this will result in very few seats being relinquished and with 2 points for each dollar of annual contribution vs 1 point for seat contribution significant new contributors will quickly pass legacy point totals of contributors who are no longer giving. The significant new contributors are going to be giving, to have access to the $400, $600, and $800 seats, they are not pursuing the lower priced ones.

I will be paying $400 for my Gampel seat donation and $400 for my XL seat donation. So that’s $800 seat donation to see the home games for effectively one seat. The ticket price is another $800 to see home games. So that’s $1,600 for one seat to see all home games. Multiply that by four home seats and it’s $6,400.
It will be interesting to see how much unpent demand there is from the new people you romanticize about after 3 poor seasons. If they are so eager to give at these levels they would be doing so already.
I would like to hear from some of these people now. And for these newbies to get the good seats they want that means we would lose someone already sitting in these seats because the policy says you can keep your same seats if you make the seat donation. So how is that netting UConn much more money, if any at all?

C

Chief00

They barely sold out the lower bowl in Hartford without these requirements. The idea that people are dying to replace people who walk away is insane. These dollars arent tax deductible - so they cost even more.
True, to keep it simple with round numbers, if you are in a 30% tax bracket, a $1,000 donation was 80% deductible ($800x0.3)= $240 back in your pocket - so the $1,000 donation would really cost you $1,000-$240=$760. Now it costs you a $1,000.
So they are not only making this change after performing poorly for 3 years, it’s after a tax change that even if the UConn scheme stayed the same would be significantly more expensive on an after tax basis.
So the loyal fan is taking two hits this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I will be paying $400 for my Gampel seat donation and $400 for my XL seat donation. So that’s $800 seat donation to see the home games for effectively one seat. The ticket price is another $800 to see home games. So that’s $1,600 for one seat to see all home games. Multiply that by four home seats and it’s $6,400.
It will be interesting to see how much unpent demand there is from the new people you romanticize about after 3 poor seasons. If they are so eager to give at these levels they would be doing so already.
I would like to hear from some of these people now. And for these newbies to get the good seats they want that means we would lose someone already sitting in these seats because the policy says you can keep your same seats if you make the seat donation. So how is that netting UConn much more money, if any at all?
See you get screwed because you have more seats.

If you just had two seats would the seat donation be close to what you normally donate to the school?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Put another way I get screwed because we play at 2 locations - so the narrative that gets peddled is the seat donation is $400 but it’s really $800 per seat.
That really is outrageous. Two seat donations, that way the best fans get whacked twice.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
True, to keep it simple with round numbers, if you are in a 30% tax bracket, a $1,000 donation was 80% deductible ($800x0.3)= $240 back in your pocket - so the $1,000 donation would really cost you $1,000-$240=$760. Now it costs you a $1,000.
So they are not only making this change after performing poorly for 3 years, it’s after a tax change that even if the UConn scheme stayed the same would be significantly more expensive on an after tax basis.
So the loyal fan is taking two hits this year.

I noted it because someone posted they were told that people who have been donating to academics want to donate to athletics and it’s more expensive now to donate to athletics.

This scheme is going to blow up in their face - hope they are ready to weaponize the ushers in the arenas - because if you do this it better get enforced.

Reaction Score
I noted it because someone posted they were told that people who have been donating to academics want to donate to athletics and it’s more expensive now to donate to athletics.

This scheme is going to blow up in their face - hope they are ready to weaponize the ushers in the arenas - because if you do this it better get enforced.
I'll be going at a fraction of the price via the secondary market. I'm betting there'll be even more tickets flooding it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom