Season is young but schedule front-end loaded | The Boneyard

Season is young but schedule front-end loaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

I loved the enthusiasm of the First Night posters but as I said then / that is NOT basketball - today is.

Hamilton needs to be even more aggressive offensively against good teams. On defense players look like they are too much into some self confusing defensive principle rather than just blanking their man. Too many guys getting caught in between - As for post defense - I think Ollie needs to roll the dice earlier than planned and play Enoch. These guys are too strong for Brimah and Nolan is limited.

The good news is it's good to have the reality checkpoint early rather than later in the season. Now it's time to make the adjustments.

Reaction Score
Against the Gonzaga front line Brimah and Nolan are infants. Yes to Enoch because he has the bulk, but for other opponents Brimah will be more effective.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I loved the enthusiasm of the First Night posters but as I said then / that is NOT basketball - today is..
God will you do everyone a favor and shut the ____ up with your nonsense for one day. Honestly, go make up a story about hanging out with Drummond.

Absolutely preposterous statement.

You have to give him credit though, chief's in late season form right now. He came ready to play this year.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

God will you do everyone a favor and shut the ____ up with your nonsense for one day. Honestly, go make up a story about hanging out with Drummond.

You really need to do something with your anger issue - get some professional help. As I did with the Boatshow picture recently, at a time of my choosing I will prove my point with AD - you are just going further out on the limb before its cut off. Change of plans and miscommunications happen.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
You really need to do something with your anger issue - get some professional help. As I did with the Boatshow picture recently, at a time of my choosing I will prove my point with AD - you are just going further out on the limb before its cut off. Change of plans and miscommunications happen.

Except you didn't tell us that your plans changed. You literally lied and said you were with Andre. Mr. Chief, do you take us for imbeciles?

C

Chief00

Now that I sent our friend back to the nursery - lets get back to basketball. What did we learn today?
1) Against good strong bigs - Enoch is our only center with the size, physicality and skills to handle them.
2) Hamilton is the guy - not Purvis who needs the ball in his hands at the end of the game. That turnover was a killer. However, on the positive side Purvis made his foul shots.
3) A star was born today - Adams was able to make big plays when they counted. I loved that jump ball call he created - and that blocked shot was amazing.
4) Three games against good bigs and I saw today improvement in Miller's play. A good sign. He did not face this in the Ivy League.
5) Quite frankly, Bilas is right - zones aren't in UConn's DNA. I used to think a change in pace was good - but I think we never will really commit to a zone so why bother? Stick to your identity. Whenever Blaney wanted a zone JC gave in a few times for almost the purpose to prove him wrong - then someone would hit 1 or 2 threes and JC would can it.

C

Chief00

Except you didn't tell us that your plans changed. You literally lied and said you were with Andre. Mr. Chief, do you take us for imbeciles?

That was the plan - use some common sense - how did I know Andre was going to UConn in late August 2011 for that semester when no one else did on the Board? A couple weeks later it was announced.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
That was the plan - use some common sense - how did I know Andre was going to UConn in late August 2011 for that semester when no one else did on the Board? A couple weeks later it was announced.

Andre was photographed in Oakland, Michigan that night. You lied about him being in Storrs and talking to him.

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/drummond-in-house-tonight.71482/#post-1202105

Chief, I don't doubt that you were at one point very plugged in and connected to the program. Your posts concerning the details of encounters with and personalities of JC and other figures from earlier times line up with my own personal knowledge. However, you have to start letting it go -- the program is under new management, and you don't have the access to people that you once did. Stick to the stories from the good old days and the game breakdowns. No more of this fibbing to make yourself seem more impressive.

Reaction Score
Schedule is not front-loaded at all. UConn will face lots of resistance from multiple games against Cincy, SMU, Memphis, Temple and Tulsa. Syracuse and Gonzaga are likely better than all those teams, but maybe they're not. It's possible Cincy is better than both. Georgetown and Texas will be tough--Maryland obviously will. Lots of chances for UConn to prove itself.

Reaction Score
Schedule is not front-loaded at all. UConn will face lots of resistance from multiple games against Cincy, SMU, Memphis, Temple and Tulsa. Syracuse and Gonzaga are likely better than all those teams, but maybe they're not. It's possible Cincy is better than both. Georgetown and Texas will be tough--Maryland obviously will. Lots of chances for UConn to prove itself.
I agree with you on Cincinnati. Depends if Jennifer steps up off the bench and Evans keeps playing well. Both Freshman. In the games I have watched Cincinnati Ellis has been a big disappointment. Assuming Ellis steps up and these 2 Freshman provide quality depth Cincinnati could be better than both Cuse and Zaga. For our sake I really hope they are and put the hammer on Iowa State and VCU. They also have to survive this weekend. UConn may get resistance but will they ultimately be consider quality wins? Probably with Tulsa, SMU and Cincy. I am not in panic mode but I am concerned.

Reaction Score
I agree with you on Cincinnati. Depends if Jennifer steps up off the bench and Evans keeps playing well. Both Freshman. In the games I have watched Cincinnati Ellis has been a big disappointment. Assuming Ellis steps up and these 2 Freshman provide quality depth Cincinnati could be better than both Cuse and Zaga. For our sake I really hope they are and put the hammer on Iowa State and VCU. They also have to survive this weekend. UConn may get resistance but will they ultimately be consider quality wins? Probably with Tulsa, SMU and Cincy. I am not in panic mode but I am concerned.

I think people are right that the 2 seed is maybe really really difficult now but I rarely have thought that a huge concern. The 4-5 seed presents its own problem. I'm hardly down though.

I also think Gibbs and Purvis will be much better tahn people are thinking now.

Dan Schulam: "Such a great field. Gonzaga will be a national title contender, of course. And UConn will be, uh, a very good team."

Reaction Score
I really think it is still too early to know who might turn out to be a good win or not. Look at Michigan for instance. Right now probably doesn't seem like a great win, but what happens if they turn a corner? They play a very good schedule. Same thing with Texas. Georgetown I still think will be a good team when it is all said and done. You want to say Ohio St probably won't be a tourney team, I agree. A lot of people said that before the season.

Syracuse ended up beating A&M today. They are not a terrible team. So we went 1-2 against 3 possible tournament teams. The Maryland game is huge no doubt. But we still have games against Georgetown and Texas. SMU/Cincy/Tulsa could be big wins.

Look around college basketball right now. Lots of team with losses already, far worse than what we have experienced. We have a small margin of error left, I agree. But the season is not over after two 3 point losses against Top 20 teams.

C

Chief00

Andre was photographed in Oakland, Michigan that night. You lied about him being in Storrs and talking to him.

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/drummond-in-house-tonight.71482/#post-1202105

Chief, I don't doubt that you were at one point very plugged in and connected to the program. Your posts concerning the details of encounters with and personalities of JC and other figures from earlier times line up with my own personal knowledge. However, you have to start letting it go -- the program is under new management, and you don't have the access to people that you once did. Stick to the stories from the good old days and the game breakdowns. No more of this fibbing to make yourself seem more impressive.

You are so

That was the plan. Just remember KO was the lead recruiter on Andre after Pat left.

C

Chief00

That was the plan. Just remember KO was the lead recruiter on Andre after Pat left. I was not trying to impressed anyone just share information. I got the big story right (Andre going to UConn not prep school in 2011/2012) but you guys are more into first nights and the social stuff. Who do you think was my source for that?
To think so linear in this day and age is really setting you up for failure - events compete and conflict and things change all the time - especially with elite athletes. That's what happened and it is really crazy I even try to justify it. The plans were via texts not Twitter or Instagram. I don't brag about knowing certain people but when you wrongly say I lied about something I will defend myself.

Reaction Score
Chief, i dont care if you know Andre or not. I like your posts. Keep kicking a**. Post what you want.

C

Chief00

Chief, i dont care if you know Andre or not. I like your posts. Keep kicking a**. Post what you want.

The only "lie" I told was I used the word talk rather than text. But come on who in this day and age doesn't interchange those words - I use them interchangeably all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom