Season Is Very Young, Relax | The Boneyard

Season Is Very Young, Relax

Reaction Score
Take care of Creighton at home and all will be well again. We have some things to fix and we'll see what this team and coach is made of, but for God's sake can we forget about our rankings and tourney seeding for a minute?
I for one am going to scout out the best location to watch our championship parade from.

Reaction Score
I am done thinking in terms of “we’re one of the top X teams in the country” (let alone best team in the country). Thinking that way has been unhealthy and probably contributed to how perhaps unnecessarily terrible I feel now and did after the Xavier loss.

Let’s just win as many games as we can between now and Selection Sunday and let the chips fall where they may.

Reaction Score
Not sure we have a championship team but yes season is young. Thankfully have Bama & Iowa State wins in the bank. Now need to start winning against best BE teams or won't be one.

Reaction Score
Take care of Creighton at home and all will be well again. We have some things to fix and we'll see what this team and coach is made of, but for God's sake can we forget about our rankings and tourney seeding for a minute?
I for one am going to scout out the best location to watch our championship parade from.
Creighton will be favored. Not even sure I’d take the points.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Take care of Creighton? This was said about Providence after the Xavier loss. And what if McDermott wins over Hurley again? Then what?

The important thing is to right the product on the floor. Play D without fouling. Block out and give up very few second chances. Cut off drives that break down the D. Create on offense, inside-out passing, get Sanogo to look to kick as much as he looks to wheel and deal in the lane. And fix the free throw and 3 point shooting that has been off the last few games.

Reaction Score
What do you expect… college basketball is all this state has, people act like their professionals..lol CT folks forever the little brother to NYC and Boston

Reaction Score
I am done thinking in terms of “we’re one of the top X teams in the country” (let alone best team in the country). Thinking that way has been unhealthy and probably contributed to how perhaps unnecessarily terrible I feel now and did after the Xavier loss.

Let’s just win as many games as we can between now and Selection Sunday and let the chips fall where they may.
It absolutely has for me.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

If this was Hurley’s first year yes. But we have a long trend now

Reaction Score
It absolutely has for me.
For sure. I’ve been one of those people checking KenPom after every day (even when we don’t play) and shaping my entire Monday around the release of the AP poll at noon. Listening to every piece of college basketball media I can get and cursing the pundits when they don’t have us as the best/one of the best.

No more. I’m going to try to take a step back and to take a longer view. Let’s just win our home games (fully believe we can go 10-0 at home in league play) and do our best to be about .500 on the road. That should get us to a top 3 seed, which is where we really need to be.

The rest of the numbers next to our name, before March 12th, and what people think of us when giving their hot takes, none of it really matters.

Reaction Score
For sure. I’ve been one of those people checking KenPom after every day (even when we don’t play) and shaping my entire Monday around the release of the AP poll at noon. Listening to every piece of college basketball media I can get and cursing the pundits when they don’t have us as the best/one of the best.

No more. I’m going to try to take a step back and to take a longer view. Let’s just win our home games (fully believe we can go 10-0 at home in league play) and do our best to be about .500 on the road. That should get us to a top 3 seed, which is where we really need to be.

The rest of the numbers next to our name, before March 12th, and what people think of us when giving their hot takes, none of it really matters.
Couldn't help myself...we're still comfortably at 4 in Kenpom. Road losses against good teams don't hurt much in metrics.

Bama, Iowa St & OK St wins get better each week...BG12 & SEC are best conferences are we're 4-0 including Fla win.

Just need to split with X, Prov, Creighton, Marquette and we'll be in good shape for a nice seed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The BE tourney will say a lot about how good we are, IMO. Depth and the wear and tear of the BE season may actually help us and negatively impact the other teams.

Reaction Score
Every team we play needs to beat us to build their March resume. Welcome back to the Big East. There are NO gimmes. Another hostile crowd on the road. Games like X and PC away are perfect games to fight adversity, learn, and prepare for March.

If Hurley wants to meet everyone’s expectations his game plan and scouting needs to be fantastic.

I think Creighton game will be a nice pick me up on home turf. Gampel should be rockin.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score

enlightenment. good on u.
pro tip- try not to listen to danny while returning to healthy fandom.
the entire field in ncaa is el stinko, so we have a fun chance.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
The BE tourney will say a lot about how good we are, IMO. Depth and the wear and tear of the BE season may actually help us and negatively impact the other teams.
nah, we don't have 'depth,' but neither do almost every squad.
we got a top six, then the 3 guys i call 'can't shoot, can't d, and can't brake,' then a guy with a bad wheel who we all hope gets well soon.
it's been a very long while with him not visible to us, so we don't know what he can do, wallburger comments notwithstanding.
more than enough to make it to the finish line, if managed correctly.

Reaction Score
1995 , coach can’t win the big ones very talented team. Remember that year very disappointing loss to UCLA . That’s what I see ,hoping for progress. UCLA only lost 2 games that year UConn should have won that game growth.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
1995 , coach can’t win the big ones very talented team. Remember that year very disappointing loss to UCLA . That’s what I see ,hoping for progress. UCLA only lost 2 games that year UConn should have won that game growth.
Different coach entirely
Lets get back to the present issues

Reaction Score
Agree on it being early……Xavier and Providence are both undefeated in conference and have both won 8 in a row so both hot.

Plus they were both sellout crowds and really our first true tough road games.

Don’t like to lose 2 in a row with either but if you do, you want it to be early like these games are and you want it to be top 25 teams who are undefeated in conference, on the road and on big winning streaks.

They will learn from these losses!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom