Season in review: "the positives"

Reaction Score
1) we won another superbowl ring
2) Polley had a stretch of 3-4 games where he shot the ball well
3) Carlton showed some improvements
4) Sid has hops

that's all I got

Reaction Score
We have some very good recruits and returning pieces for next season in Josh, Alterique, Christian and Sid. This year was a step in the right direction and I expect next season to be a larger one. The ship has turned around, and is at least pointed in the right direction now.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
For some of you, reality is not your co-pilot.

Vital got better
Carlton got a lot better
Everyone else is as suspect as a sub .500 record should render obvious
This season is over and until yesterday, the embarrassment of last season didn't show

This team needs to make the tournament next year, no excuses. Wichita State had 10 new players and finished ahead of us. Hurley looks like he has a plan but if the players don't show up or can't shoot or can't focus, it won't work. Two of the starting spots are all but locked up, we need to find three more.

Reaction Score

Vital got better
Carlton got a lot better
This season is over and until yesterday, the embarrassment of last season didn't show

This team needs to make the tournament next year, no excuses. Wichita State had 10 new players and finished ahead of us. Hurley looks like he has a plan but if the players don't show up or can't shoot or can't focus, it won't work. Two of the starting spots are all but locked up, we need to find three more.
I’d say 3 are locked up. I’d be shocked if Akok/Carlton isn’t our staring front court

Reaction Score
Factoring in the injuries, lack of depth, bad habits from previous staff, and a first year coach we had a decent year.

Without the injuries we would have had 18-20 wins which could have secured an NIT bid at minimum.

We are in good hands. Next year is bright.

Reaction Score

Vital got better
Carlton got a lot better

WSU had 10 new players that Gregg Marshall -- a good coach -- brought in.

It's gonna take a few years for Hurley to get his. He (rightfully) didn't run KO's guys off the team, but we need turnover to get guys with more skill, higher BB IQ, and, frankly, without all the losing habits that were ingrained over years.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
dan hurley. no, wait, hoad up...… Dan Hurley....nah, that's not it......Dan Hurley....still wrong... hmmmm, …. got it: Danny Hurley!

pj

Reaction Score
We learned that the last staff recruited a lot of dumb players who couldn't learn assignments and develop even with good coaching. We learned that the new staff is highly capable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom