Season comes down to 3 or 4 days in Hartford in March | The Boneyard

Season comes down to 3 or 4 days in Hartford in March

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It probably was going to come down to that anyway, but after today it is official. We have 10 games left in the regular season. Ollie needs to experiment these last 10 games and hopefully find something, anything that works. Play Hamilton at the 4 for 30 minutes a night. Play Boat at the 2 to start the game. We have nothing to lose at this point. I wouldn't play Boat 40 minutes a night either. Have him as fresh as possible for the conference tournament.

As crazy as it sounds, all UConn has to do is win 3 (or God forbid 4 games) on their home floor. While I don't think it is likely they way they are playing now, its not impossible.

Reaction Score
Facey has disappeared at this point. It might be time to go that lineup and to let Facey play center when Brimah is out.

Reaction Score
If we're in a playin game in this conference it's a new low. That would be rock bottom.

Reaction Score
I tend to agree. My lineup would be TSam at the point, Boat at the 2, Purvis at the 3, DHam at the 4, and Brimah at the 5. At least this puts our players in a position to all play at their respective strengths.

Reaction Score
I tend to agree. My lineup would be TSam at the point, Boat at the 2, Purvis at the 3, DHam at the 4, and Brimah at the 5. At least this puts our players in a position to all play at their respective strengths.
Purvis' strengths are somewhere between the water bottle and towel rack.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Am I the only one who thinks Boat is the only player on the team who can handle any kind of a press? TSam, RP, SC and OC can't.

Reaction Score
Don't give up. We've already proven that we can face any team in the country and lose by two. The flip side of that is that we're only I fg and 1ft away from beating any team in the country. There is hope for the tourney.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
If we're in a playin game in this conference it's a new low. That would be rock bottom.
No. Rock bottom would be not getting invited to the NIT but getting an invite to the CBI.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
No. Rock bottom would be not getting invited to the NIT but getting an invite to the CBI.
Ain't that the truth!!!!
We may be playing Yale or Houston again

Reaction Score
Ollie needs to experiment these last 10 games

I was thinking the same thing. Tear it down, change it up, and throw in the kitchen sink. The season starts in March at the XL center.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
DHam, Brimah, Calhoun, Boat and Purvis.
Omars performance has dropped because he is the only guy other than Boat that you have to stay with at the 3 point line.
He won't get many stationary looks from this point on.

Ollie has been treating these guys like adults. That is why they are losing. Win or lose Purvis should have come out for that stupid foul on the three point shooter and sat for ten minutes. That's the only way these kids will learn.
DHam should have been benched for the rest of the half when he failed to run back and cover the lay up near the end of the half.
Facey should have been been for touching the ball on the rim. There's seven point right there.
I don't care if you have to play the walk ons
You make stupid plays, you don't play. Sitting on the bench is the only thing that will teach them.

Reaction Score
I tend to agree. My lineup would be TSam at the point, Boat at the 2, Purvis at the 3, DHam at the 4, and Brimah at the 5. At least this puts our players in a position to all play at their respective strengths.[/QUOTT
Tsam doesn't handle the ball or pass well enough to play PG starters minutes. He is a solid defender and he is ok in relief but if he plays starters minutes we are in big trouble.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who thinks Boat is the only player on the team who can handle any kind of a press? TSam, RP, SC and OC can't.
All true. We don't have a second ball handler. All the players you mentioned other than Boat have 2 guard quickness and their passing is suspect.

Reaction Score
Don't give up. We've already proven that we can face any team in the country and lose by two. The flip side of that is that we're only I fg and 1ft away from beating any team in the country. There is hope for the tourney.
I think we all agree with you on this, the discussion is about which Tourney?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
All true. We don't have a second ball handler. All the players you mentioned other than Boat have 2 guard quickness and their passing is suspect.

Not sure of the people want want TSam the point. Or Sam jr or Purvis God help us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom