seafood summer: pick your three most favored. | The Boneyard

seafood summer: pick your three most favored.

what are your three favorites from the briny deep?

• crab

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • lobster

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • clams

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • shrimp

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • mussels

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • squid

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • salmon

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • cod

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • tuna

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • swordfish

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • halibut

• pollock

• haddock

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • bluefish

• Total voters

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
tis the season for outdoor dining, salt air vibes, and tremendous choices everywhere in the coastal northeast. the list is limited to the most common seafood choices. a 'scallop' is a clam for this poll, bcuz sometimes, it can be an oyster, which i forgot to add to the list.

like billy joel says, 'since they tell me i can't sell no stripers...'

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Good thread, good poll

Lobster when I’m not at the Shore; fried clam strips when I’m at the Shore; shrimp everywhere

I’ll merk some sea bass too, missed that from the poll

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
tis the season for outdoor dining, salt air vibes, and tremendous choices everywhere in the coastal northeast. the list is limited to the most common seafood choices. a 'scallop' is a clam for this poll, bcuz sometimes, it can be an oyster, which i forgot to add to the list.

like billy joel says, 'since they tell me i can't sell no stripers...'

hammy fans! iffn u see another one of these off meigs point, say hi for me...
greg-myerson-potential-record-striper.jpg

(for the unfamiliar, that's the almost 90 lb world record striper caught off westbrook some years back)

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
No oysters?
'the list is limited to the most common seafood choices'
by USA industry data. and,
'The FMI survey found only 56 percent of American consumers eat seafood twice a month – and that included canned and pouched products. And just one in five adults can be classified as a frequent seafood eater, meaning they eat seafood two times a week or more.'
apparently, total consumption of oysters works out to 3 oz per person per year.
you norwalk people and ur oysterfest. lol.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
'the list is limited to the most common seafood choices'
by USA industry data. and,
'The FMI survey found only 56 percent of American consumers eat seafood twice a month – and that included canned and pouched products. And just one in five adults can be classified as a frequent seafood eater, meaning they eat seafood two times a week or more.'
apparently, total consumption of oysters works out to 3 oz per person per year.
you norwalk people and ur oysterfest. lol.
Put down the spliff. Oysters would have been one of my choices.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
The bluefish choice made me upchuck a bit.
hey! i made the poll! aren't i allowed a little 'thumb on the scale' action?
broiled bluefish, with butter, salt, and pepper, is delicious, and smoked bluefish is quite tasty.

Reaction Score
In the middle of a Maine tour..I have eaten a bunch of Maine lobster this last week (all very good), scallops, clams, haddock...some shrimp...no oysters.

But..My favorite fish were not on the poll...as a Florida boy, I like Grouper, Snapper, Scamp (a grouper), Redfish.....along with shrimp, scallops and oysters. The cold water lobster of Maine seems sweeter than the warm water lobsters (spiny lobsters).

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
broiled bluefish, with butter, salt, and pepper, is delicious, and smoked bluefish is quite tasty.

Correct. We're in the minority, though.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Other fish don’t even like to eat bluefish.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
One of favorites was missing - sea scallops.
let's try this again, a scallop is a clam, except when it's an oyster.
what's next, the scrod'ists?
'Scrod or schrod is a small cod or haddock, and sometimes other whitefish, used as food.' wiki.
clams, in all their myriad of wonderfulness, would be high on my list at #4.

poll management general proviso:
'please address all complaints to our supervisor in charge of disgruntledness, helen wait.'
lol.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Name says it all...authority.
sorry bud, but ur seafood review card was pulled when you said
'The cold water lobster of Maine seems sweeter than the warm water lobsters.'
'seems?'
cold water marine life rules the 'tastiest derby.'
general observation: gramps was soooo right when he started saying, years ago, 'i don't know what happened, but people don't seem to know how to eat anymore. maybe that's part of all their health problems. all they eat is just chicken and pork.' and washed down with almond milk.
when i started here, i got to talkin aboot kids and food like mushrooms, peppers, cabbage, and the like, their almost disappearance from the diet of youts, and the growing obviousness of 'food issues.' things like beef tongue, breast of veal, beet soup, cabbage and noodles, bluefish, squash, pomegranates, grapefruit, nuts other than the big three, salt cod, romaine, buckwheat groats, fiddleheads, rhubarb, and so on - all absent from many diets. sad.
but hey, and even tho most live with absolutely superior water flowing from the sink tap, they know better and instead pay money for bottled water, in order to be properly hydrated. the days of kids doing backflips of joy when they learn that a cow bone marrow dish is on the menu, is long gone. too bad, cuz that's some superfood right thar. and to think that once upon a time, chopped liver was considered pate, to be eagerly enjoyed by children. oh, well, i guess 'ensure' is a perfectly good substitute to build strong bones and minds. and what's the problem with lamb, is it too lamby? or is it that it doesn't taste like chicken nuggets or buffalo wings?
u r what u eat. period. end of sentence.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
sorry bud, but ur seafood review card was pulled when you said
'The cold water lobster of Maine seems sweeter than the warm water lobsters.'
'seems?'
cold water marine life rules the 'tastiest derby.'
general observation: gramps was soooo right when he started saying, years ago, 'i don't know what happened, but people don't seem to know how to eat anymore. maybe that's part of all their health problems. all they eat is just chicken and pork.' and washed down with almond milk.
when i started here, i got to talkin aboot kids and food like mushrooms, peppers, cabbage, and the like, their almost disappearance from the diet of youts, and the growing obviousness of 'food issues.' things like beef tongue, breast of veal, beet soup, cabbage and noodles, bluefish, squash, pomegranates, grapefruit, nuts other than the big three, salt cod, romaine, buckwheat groats, fiddleheads, rhubarb, and so on - all absent from many diets. sad.
but hey, and even tho most live with absolutely superior water flowing from the sink tap, they know better and instead pay money for bottled water, in order to be properly hydrated. the days of kids doing backflips of joy when they learn that a cow bone marrow dish is on the menu, is long gone. too bad, cuz that's some superfood right thar. and to think that once upon a time, chopped liver was considered pate, to be eagerly enjoyed by children. oh, well, i guess 'ensure' is a perfectly good substitute to build strong bones and minds. and what's the problem with lamb, is it too lamby? or is it that it doesn't taste like chicken nuggets or buffalo wings?
u r what u eat. period. end of sentence.

Cliff..you are dense, m'boy...

You responded to my "name says it all...authority.

Of course that post followed "Fishy"..."even other fish don't eat bluefish"....unfortunately, I did not hit "reply"...

Fishy's name said it all...

RE cold water...taste is taste...I don't much like haddock...prefer snapper, grouper, redfish.

I do like the lobster that I spear off Florida and in the bahamas...but the Maine lobster is far better...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom