Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It's an exhibition game, so I largely don't give a crap about anything in particular.

The stats that I wanted to see checked...

First, rebounding was 55-39. D2 team, blah, blah, blah...don't care. We out rebounded them - good enough. Amidah had 11, Facey and Hamilton had nine each.

Second, Kentan Facey played 18 minutes, grabbed nine rebounds and committed one foul. He was what we need him to be.

Reaction Score
The one stat line I was disappointed to see was Nolan's 5 turnovers. Yes he is stronger but he needs to hold onto the ball and finish. Otherwise, it's an exhibition game.

Reaction Score
Kenyan needs to have some offensive energy, he's not ready there. No catch and shoots when he had a chance and no ball fake and out it on the floor. Got caught off balance passing and left a couple floaters out there which will be TO's vs D1 quality teams. He had 9 boards and that's good, but I expected to see a different guy, at least a little more! They will need more from that spot.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I enjoyed the game, I enjoyed watching the new kids, I can tell we have a lot of talent and Hamilton may be our best all round recruit in a decade

AB looked pretty darn good, RB is learning to play his new roll as is the entire roster. I don't even worry until February, I can't imagine being concerned after one exhibition game. Jim Calhoun taught me this concept, he drilled it into my head, I have all the confidence in the world. We are UConn, and nobody else is

Having said that, Nolan was the only disappointing performance IMHO. Should have played stronger and should of had much better hands. He played like a goof, something I don't expect from a junior with his experience, but I trust he'll play much better going forward

Reaction Score
Sam looked great, and not even just because he scored a bunch. He's very comfortable with the ball and looks like he'll be the primary point guard when Boatright's not in the game. Three years of him (which would have him in college until age 25-26) sounds awfully good right now.

Purvis looked like a guy who was trying to make up for the entire year he sat out in one game. Just forced it way too much. My biggest issue was the 3-4 contested jumpers he took with his feet on the 3-point line. Hopefully that habit goes away quickly.

Didn't think anything else was all that noteworthy. The two pick and roll lobs in the second half from Hamilton to Brimah were things of beauty. We missed a bunch of layups and a bunch of free throws and Southern has a nice little team.

Reaction Score
The one stat line I was disappointed to see was Nolan's 5 turnovers. Yes he is stronger but he needs to hold onto the ball and finish. Otherwise, it's an exhibition game.

One game against a D2 opponent, but I'm feeling like the Brimah v. Nolan debate can be put to bed.

Reaction Score
I enjoyed the game, I enjoyed watching the new kids, I can tell we have a lot of talent and Hamilton may be our best all round recruit in a decade

AB looked pretty darn good, RB is learning to play his new roll as is the entire roster. I don't even worry until February, I can't imagine being concerned after one exhibition game. Jim Calhoun taught me this concept, he drilled it into my head, I have all the confidence in the world. We are UConn, and nobody else is

Having said that, Nolan was the only disappointing performance IMHO. Should have played stronger and should of had much better hands. He played like a goof, something I don't expect from a junior with his experience, but I trust he'll play much better going forward

You have to remember that Nolan is a giant goofball though, and this is a D2 exhibition game... I'm sure Ollie got Calhoun-style on him after the game if he was goofing that much

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
The Bad:
-Turnovers
-Rodney was clearly nervous, shot was not falling
-Nolan played maybe his worst game as a Husky offensively (5 TOs, got blocked 3 times I think) but did well to take some charges on D
-3 point defense was bad

The Good:
-Rebounding
-Cassell looks like an outside threat which is what we need to replace from last year
-D-Ham looks like he will be a great husky (for 2 or 3 years)
-Brimah does look much improved offensively, living up to the off-season chatter

Honestly, this game wasn't great, but it wasn't awful either. Boat picked the team up when he needed to at times. Sloppy play and nerves to be expected from a few.

Give SCSU a ton of credit. When we had defensive lapses and left them open from 3, they knocked down most of the shots. Their game plan was great and they executed it perfectly... they kept us out of transition and fouled us early and often to keep us out of rhythm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom