Screw it....Love this team after today! | The Boneyard

Screw it....Love this team after today!

Reaction Score
We won that game but officials made a couple of CRUCIAL calls against us that were the difference. That was a UConn win so screw the officials that took it away!

Bravo CV, Sid, Bouk and all!!!!

And officials.....Screw you! Don't care how many free throws we took, WSU fouled constantly.

When it mattered the officials made 2 horrendous calls that were the difference. The CV out of bounds was an obvious save in real time in OT 1 & AG charge in OT 2 was not worthy in the least. If one of those calls goes our way, as they both should have, we win 9 out 10 times IMO.

Last edited:

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Upset with a loss, obviously. But man, this team played with guts and left it all out there.

They're not the most talented bunch of kids, and we're lacking some basketball IQ, and I'm okay losing to a better team if the kids give it their all. Today they did.

What does it mean to be a fan? Been wondering that a lot lately as this board has been imploding. There are going to be a lot of "there are no moral victories" and other negative posts in this thread and on the board today, but I'm happy to see our guys put it all out on the floor.

Reaction Score
We showed a lot of fight, but we need more than that.

It's not enough to play smart, tough, and make big shots only when we're down and just trying to claw back into it. Where's the big stop in overtime after we take the lead? Where's the toughness to make both FTs to go up by 2 instead of 1? The winning plays, the killer instinct, are still sorely lacking.

That said, this is a vast improvement over not fighting at all.

Reaction Score
This was home cooking today we had 42 FT’s. On the road this would not have been close

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
We showed a lot of fight, but we need more than that.

It's not enough to play smart, tough, and make big shots when we're down and just trying to claw back into it. Where's the big stop in overtime after we take the lead? Where's the toughness to make both FTs to go up by 2 instead of 1? The winning plays, the killer instinct, are still sorely lacking.

That said, this is a vast improvement over not fighting at all.
Go play a ranked team into two overtimes, down a starting guard, pressing on pretty much every defensive possession, as your team leader, and see how easy it is to make FTs at the end of the second OT.

Reaction Score
Scrappy, lay off the booze.
A little more than scrappy I would say....how many teams take a 9 point deficit with just overt a minute to OT?
Not that many, maybe 2 or 3 times a college basketball season?

If you don't think we were screwed out of a win with CV out of bounds call you were watching a different game.

Reaction Score
This was home cooking today we had 42 FT’s. On the road this would not have been close
Not really, they fouled us alot....the calls that mattered went against us.

Reaction Score
Hurley loses with a TO in his pocket. AG crossed half with 7 seconds left. Enough for Hurley to draw up a play.

Otherwise refs were god awful I couldn’t believe it.Sort of helped bc it really got the crowd into it but hurt more than helped.

So many situations where we win. JCs missed FT in OT. Gilbert 0/2 from the line in 2OT. He makes both Carlton putback slam on thelast shot wins it.

Sucks but great game

Reaction Score
A little more than scrappy I would say....how many teams take a 9 point deficit with just overt a minute to OT?
Not that many, maybe 2 or 3 times a college basketball season?

If you don't think we were screwed out of a win with CV out of bounds call you were watching a different game.

The rule is an awful one. When they watched the replay it became Clear that CV was in bounds. By rule, WSU got the ball on some sort of alternating possession crap. They explained it on the radio broadcast better than I am right now.

I understand that you are proud of the team. The bottom line is it's a loss. A loss that could have been a win if we hit free throws and executed down the stretch. It is what it is.

Reaction Score
I understand that you are proud of the team. The bottom line is it's a loss. A loss that could have been a win if we hit free throws and executed down the stretch. It is what it is.
No, how can you say we didn't execute? Down 9 with a minute plus less and we go to OT...that's nuts! The CV out of bounds call against us decided the game, 9 times out of 10 if we get the correct initial call we win.

Reaction Score
The rule is an awful one. When they watched the replay it became Clear that CV was in bounds. By rule, WSU got the ball on some sort of alternating possession crap. They explained it on the radio broadcast better than I am right now.
I understand the rule but the officials made the wrong call initially...Gillen or Lapas in real time said it was a bad call and they're old men.

Reaction Score
No, how can you say we didn't execute? Down 9 with a minute plus less and we go to OT...that's nuts! The CV out of bounds call against us decided the game, 9 times out of 10 if we get the correct call we win.
We missed a whole bunch of free throws in overtime, that was a major factor in the outcome.

Reaction Score
I am really proud of the heart and the effort UConn showed in this game. Sure they left some points on the board and could’ve made some better plays, but I am really proud especially after the gut wrenching loss of Polley and AG losing his grandma (which is way more important than basketbal).

Reaction Score
I don’t understand it because there’s an official standing on the out of bounds line. How can he not see vital leave the court with a good foot of room from out of bounds!

Reaction Score
we’re 1-3 starting AAC play - 10th in the conference.. with a tough slate ahead. Losses are losses at this point. Team needs to learn to win, and I don’t think that will happen for a few more years until the previous guard is completely gone.

Reaction Score
You can always find a half-dozen other reasons why you lost a game you lost at the foul line. I posted a couple weeks go that this would be a season of close, heart-breaking losses unless FT shooting improved. It's a shame, because this is a school that won a NC at the foul line.

Reaction Score
So how did you feel about them yesterday?
I liked them but wanted to turn the page on the seniors....CV & AG have been frustrating but they gave us an epic win that was taken away IMO. They deserved a victory today.

I would love to see CV & AG in the NCAA but those opportunities are slipping away.

Reaction Score
Agree that FT shooting killed us. We missed 5 of our last 9. We only lost by 3. Tough loss without our best shooter and with AGs grandmother passing. Still looking forward to rest of the year then next year with likely 5 new guys to go with returning players. Talent level is going up. Glad for Sid in making an impact. Hopefully he is more consistent because his athleticism is crazy good. Him, Bouk and Jackson on court at same time next season is going to be fun

Reaction Score
We had a chance to discover a closer, but have to continue to wait. That dagger man is crucial and would have one it for us today. Still something ain't right, and needs fixin. I'll leave it to the coaches, but I suspect we outlasted them in the energy dept. at the end of the game. That's the beauty about home court and the 6th man.

Reaction Score
I'm over the officiating. What I am not over is the effort the guys put up during the comeback and in the 2 OTs. The Sid block and mop up jam might be one of the most athletic sequences in memory.

Reaction Score
I'm over the officiating. What I am not over is the effort the guys put up during the comeback and in the 2 OTs. The Sid block and mop up jam might be one of the most athletic sequences in memory.
That was beautiful. Electric.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom