Screw it. I've got to walk away from this for a while... | The Boneyard

Screw it. I've got to walk away from this for a while...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
jonah-hill-shock.gif

my brain is officially full.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I hear you. My company is under new management, year end is looming and I'm trying to process this realignment crap on top of all that other crap. If i don't find some happy, positive board to flee to I'm likely to go postal.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I'm watching the concert last night again. Already feel much better.

caw

Reaction Score
I hear you. My company is under new management, year end is looming and I'm trying to process this realignment crap on top of all that other crap. If i don't find some happy, positive board to flee to I'm likely to go postal.

Thus why many have joined the USS Connecticut and the (possibly) delusional but definitely drunk captain HFD.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

Check out the women's board, they don't even have a BE post since last night. Different world.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Check out the women's board, they don't even have a BE post since last night. Different world.
Their only legitimate competition in the BE is Notre Dame. They have been able to get lots of decent games outside the conference. They presume that will continue after the demise of the BE. That most likely would change if Geno leaves. Or maybe without a decent conference other programs may just snub UConn woman to make things difficult for recruiting. Then they'll be just as upset as the rest of us.

caw

Reaction Score
Their only legitimate competition in the BE is Notre Dame. They have been able to get lots of decent games outside the conference. They presume that will continue after the demise of the BE. That most likely would change if Geno leaves. Or maybe without a decent conference other programs may just snub UConn woman to make things difficult for recruiting. Then they'll be just as upset as the rest of us.

With all the top 10 games they play OOC, they will be fine as long as Geno is there and probably after.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
With all the top 10 games they play OOC, they will be fine as long as Geno is there and probably after.
Only thing I see harming the team if Geno is at the helm is UConn's inability to schedule any decent competition during the regular season. Geno constantly gets top ten recruits. They may go elsewhere if their schedule is not interesting. And in this dog eat dog world, the Stanford's, Dukes, UNC, Ohio States and Baylor coaches may see a chance to hurt his recruiting by not scheduling games against him.

caw

Reaction Score
Only thing I see harming the team if Geno is at the helm is UConn's inability to schedule any decent competition during the regular season. Geno constantly gets top ten recruits. They may go elsewhere if their schedule is not interesting. And in this dog eat dog world, the Stanford's, Dukes, UNC, Ohio States and Baylor coaches may see a chance to hurt his recruiting by not scheduling games against him.

The thing is UConn is such an institution (as is Geno) in women's basketball that players will still come. He is just that good of a recruiter/coach. Plus you know you have a shot at a NC if you come to UConn. The other schools know that playing UConn is the best way to improve their rep/recruiting. They won't all shun UConn. It just won't happen, or they would have done so already.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
The thing is UConn is such an institution (as is Geno) in women's basketball that players will still come. He is just that good of a recruiter/coach. Plus you know you have a shot at a NC if you come to UConn. The other schools know that playing UConn is the best way to improve their rep/recruiting. They won't all shun UConn. It just won't happen, or they would have done so already.
And the ACC would never throw the Louisville turd in the academic punchbowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom