Scrappy, gritty win | The Boneyard

Scrappy, gritty win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Very gutsy for them to find a way to grind out a road win against a good team like Houston that's unbeaten at home. They showed a lot of poise down the stretch especially Gibbs and Dham. I also liked KO's body language a lot more today. Even when they were down in the 2nd half he seemed really positive and was trying to pump the guys up.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Agreed. This was a complete a 180 from the Tulsa game finish. Loved the toughness during winning time. That's how the GOOD UConn teams used to close out games.

Reaction Score
Yep. Not nearly perfect but a W. That was one of the closest 12 pt wins I've ever seen. Ugly as till 3 minutes left. The way they broke the press in the last 2 minutes looked elite-like. Glad KO got up and coached.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
DHam played good defense, Dham hustled, Dham somewhat found his offense - #1 Need
Gibbs decided to become a bit more active a deferred much of the ball handling allowing him to find his shot - Need #2
Rebounding improved - Thanks to DHam and PN - Need #3
Movement towards the basket rather than passing east/west - somewhat addressed but not fully attained today
Going forward
RP needs to find his game again - it's up to him
The SCJr experiment ENDS - immediately
JA needs to work on treasuring the ball
While the defense has held teams to low shooting %s in recent games - way too many open 3's

Yes - a gutsy win and a much needed win
Work has started BUT much work to be done
I am happy today and want to be happy through April

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
8893 said:
I'll take it. Not nearly perfect, but looked a helluva lot more like Connecticut basketball, especially when it counted. Adjustments, coaching and energy were there. And a will to win. Now let's build on it.

I saw pluck too, don't forget pluck.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I saw pluck too, don't forget pluck.
Pluck me! Yes, how could I forget--they definitely displayed some pluck, too.

Grit, scrap and pluck aside, my favorite moments were the two Miller slams for the punctuation mark in the closing moments.

Shaking hands before time expired seemed like the Twilight Zone compared to where we were five minutes prior.

Whatever it was, I liked what I saw today. There was a spark,

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I was happy...and stunned...when Hambone dove to the floor for a loose ball. And calling the TO.

Aces!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I was happy...and stunned...when Hambone dove to the floor for a loose ball. And calling the TO.

Aces!
Loved that. And even though his shot is not totally there yet, I thought his shot selection was good today. He's not fully back, but I think it's possible he gets there and then finds another level above where he was before too long.

Different situation, but I the thing that just popped into my mind was when Ben was finally forced to find himself for good in the Big East tournament when Emeka was hurt. He never looked back after that. Today I thought I saw Daniel starting to figure it out now that his Amidah crutch is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom