Scouting report for UMass - Lowell game on Saturday | The Boneyard

Scouting report for UMass - Lowell game on Saturday

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
I did not write this report. It was written by my new buddy rip7774 in another thread. It was buried in the middle of the UMass-Lowell thread, post #31, so I thought I would pull it out, edit a bit and make available for UConn fans. He wrote a damn fine scouting report and it is pretty much all we have on UMass-Lowell players. Enjoy and thanks rip7774...

"1. This should be a good low major team. I watched almost every game of theirs last year, as we knew a girl on the team really well. They should win their conference this year.
2. Thought one of their biggest issues was allowing top scorer, Kharis Idom, (5'8") to take a lot of bad shots and play with low efficiency after their star 2G was lost for season.
3. Their Point guard, Jaliena Sanchez, (5'6") is unselfish but was turnover-prone last year, she may improve in that area as a year under her belt and she has some nice ability/athleticism.
4. Their 4, Tiahna Sears (5'10") is from Australia and reminds of Ania, very cerebral and always in right spot. They will be real small compared to UConn.
5. They have a wing, Shamy Price, (5'7") who reminds me of shorter Aubrey, high energy and super athletic, fun to watch. She’ll really be something by upper class years.
6. Their 5, Denise Solis, (6'1") was real up and down, but also has ability. She is one of better bigs in that league, but disappears a lot.
7. Just a young, talented group that has to learn to play as a team instead of self & react better to adversity, like most young teams.
8. Usually, teams that are big underdogs have to shoot well from 3 but this will be a tall order for them. (3-19 in only game this season) Most league games, they were simply better athletically than most all the teams in their league before a late-season swoon. I’d be surprised if they’re not an ncaa team, unless other teams loaded up on star transfers."

GO Huskies..!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Cool stuff David thanks for sharing, it didn’t seem to get a lot of views or comments and I had a pretty unique take seeing I watched basically all their games last year.

cant wait to see both teams play, esp UConn freshmen and to see if any vets took a giant step forward (Griffin?), Christyn - really hoping on this one.

Which UM-L players will keep their composure and play their game facing a likely onslaught of adversity and waves of talent.

Can be a great experience for the UMLowell kids regardless of score) to have opportunity to play a legendary program and grow from it, if they stay open-minded and not fixated on score.

Something that can motivate them to come together and be great after seeing what it takes to be elite and something they can remember forever.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Cool stuff David thanks for sharing, it didn’t seem to get a lot of views or comments and I had a pretty unique take seeing I watched basically all their games last year.

cant wait to see both teams play, esp UConn freshmen and to see if any vets took a giant step forward (Griffin?), Christyn - really hoping on this one.

which uml players will keep their composure and play their game facing Onslaught of adversity and waves talent.

Can be a great experience for the UMLowell kids regardless of score) to have opportunity to play a legendary program and grow from it, if they stay open-minded and not fixated on score.

Something that can motivate them to come together and be great after seeing what it takes to be elite and something they can remember forever.
Nice rundown of the UML lineup. It seems someone in the BY community always has the inside scoop. The impact of this game on the UML players will be most evidenced in 5 or 10 years by the framed photos in the players offices and dens of the day they were going toe to toe with UConn.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I did not write this report. It was written by my new buddy rip7774 in another thread. It was buried in the middle of the UMass-Lowell thread, post #31, so I thought I would pull it out, edit a bit and make available for UConn fans. He wrote a damn fine scouting report and it is pretty much all we have on UMass-Lowell players. Enjoy and thanks rip7774...
"1. This should be a good low major team. I watched almost every game of theirs last year, as we knew a girl on the team really well. They should win their conference this year.
UMass has been given a 19% chance of winning the American East.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Instead of checking in on UMass, I checked in on FoxSports. Nowhere on its site does Fox indicate that it's televising the UConn game, but in a story about Paige the network writes:
The game can be streamed outside regional networks right here on FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App.
[ ]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Just saying what I saw with my eyes re: them having great shot to win the league. I was thinking stony brook had an older team with the seton hall grad transfer but could be wrong.

dont know about Maine, they might have been the team that had that superstar redshirt? how bout we say top echelon of league? That’s fair. Again, I’m no expert on America East rosters, I just watched all river hawks games, they were usually on espn plus with western Carolina we knew one of their men’s players well and UConn men were on the main tv.

the main point was They were waaay more athletic than most teams but Stony Brook and largely a super young team.
I don’t keep tabs on rosters of America East teams. I think they were in 2nd almost the entire season until late second half swoon that I didn’t think was as much about talent but reacting poorly to adversity (again young team).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom