Scouting Baylor from Oregon's Perspective | The Boneyard

Scouting Baylor from Oregon's Perspective

Reaction Score
if Oregon is hitting their three's they win.......................... otherwise they're dead ducks................;).

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Baylor will not hedge Brown like Miss St did with McGowan (Vic should get a pay cut for that decision which is being universally panned) and OU played a very high level game and still only squeaked passed Miss St. I think Baylor wins by double digits.

Reaction Score
Baylor will not hedge Brown like Miss St did with McGowan (Vic should get a pay cut for that decision which is being universally panned) and OU played a very high level game and still only squeaked passed Miss St. I think Baylor wins by double digits.
If Oregon hitting 3 like they did against MSST they will have a great chance to win, however I do not believe they will be that hot in this game. I expect Baylor to win it all!

Reaction Score
Baylor's defense is dramatically better than States defense though

Its Baylor's to lose IMO but no matter how great you play all year, if you don't show up for one game, its over.

Reaction Score
I think Baylor will be able to neutralize Oregon's pick and roll. I don't see how Oregon gets in the paint consistently with Cox and Brown. Baylor can also put up a lot of points if it becomes a shoot out.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
I also expect Baylor to win this game and, likely, the one on Sunday as well. However, I do want to point out that Oregon's outside shooting against Mississippi State was not an aberration. They have averaged nearly 42% from 3 throughout the season, and I think that one of Vic's mistakes (in addition to the hedging) was to assume that, because Oregon had not shot all that effectively from distance during some of the preceding games (and especially the one against South Dakota State), the same would hold against Mississippi State as well--vs., say, moving back toward their season average by moving dramatically in the opposite direction from those previous games. I'm hoping--and that's the right word--that "correction" continues today.

Finally, please note that the University of Oregon is abbreviated UO, not OU. The latter typically = Oklahoma University. I realize that this probably sounds silly, but it's important to Duck fans.

Reaction Score
If Oregon gets hot from 3, they will be in it. I love a good shootout. Kelly Graves has done an amazing job. Taking a team to the Final 4 in 5 years right? Has the attendance skyrocketed at the Oregon women's games since he has been there?

Reaction Score
DiDi Richards and Sabrina Ionescu should be a really fun matchup (when Ionescu is on offense and Richards is on defense). I would be surprised if Ruthy gives Brown any troubles in the one on one, unless she is hitting the midrange shot, but that doesn't seem to be her specialty. That is a big key to beating Baylor. Gulich was hitting them lights out from midrange when Oregon State beat them last season and Alanna Smith and Shannon Coffee shot really well when Stanford beat them. It should be an entertaining one.

Reaction Score
I also expect Baylor to win this game and, likely, the one on Sunday as well. However, I do want to point out that Oregon's outside shooting against Mississippi State was not an aberration. They have averaged nearly 42% from 3 throughout the season, and I think that one of Vic's mistakes (in addition to the hedging) was to assume that, because Oregon had not shot all that effectively from distance during some of the preceding games (and especially the one against South Dakota State), the same would hold against Mississippi State as well--vs., say, moving back toward their season average by moving dramatically in the opposite direction from those previous games. I'm hoping--and that's the right word--that "correction" continues today.

Finally, please note that the University of Oregon is abbreviated UO, not OU. The latter typically = Oklahoma University. I realize that this probably sounds silly, but it's important to Duck fans.
I believe MSST small guards made us vulnerable to hot shooting 3 point players. We had problems with Oregon, Missouri, and Marquette. All these teams had big guards capable of hitting long shots. I also believe having Big Tee pull out from inside to guard opposing players left us vulnerable to drives to the basket.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Whatever the result, hopefully Oregon can show a weakness to exploit on Baylor, for tonights second game winner(UConn).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom