Scott Draper named Associate Commissioner for AAC Football | The Boneyard

Scott Draper named Associate Commissioner for AAC Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah, yeah, I know we all want out but it's not happening before next season or two so...

American_FBApr 28, 5:10pm via TweetDeck
Scott Draper named Associate Commissioner for Football theamerican.org/news/2014/4/28…

>>Draper will be the conference's primary football administrator and contact for all football initiatives and programs, including scheduling, officiating, operations and bowl relationships. <<

>>Draper joins The American after most recently serving as Associate Director of Athletics and Director of Development for Athletics at Albion College, a position he has held since 2011. Prior to that, he was the Assistant Athletic Director for Football Operations at the University of Michigan, where he was a key staff member of teams that won four Big Ten Football championships, played in four Rose Bowls, 12 bowl games and won the 1997 National Championship. In his role, he supervised football sport administration, strength and conditioning, equipment operations, and athletic training operations. He also served as sport administrator and liaison to admissions, academic services, compliance and eligibility, and dining and housing.<<

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
We could be in the SEC and I'm not sure I'd care much about who the associate commissioner for football is.

League could probably use Don Draper though.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Glad we are growing the expenses of the AAC office :confused:

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
We could be in the SEC and I'm not sure I'd care much about who the associate commissioner for football is.

League could probably use Don Draper though.
"If you don't like what people are saying about you, change the conversation"... by adding Old Dominion and Georgia Southern.

(joke)

(I hope)

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
And also, LOL at all these people who will spend a lifetime collecting 6-figure paychecks because they were present when some 19 year old scored a touchdown. What the hell does key-staffer when Michigan won four Big Ten Football championships, played in four Rose Bowls, 12 bowl games and won the 1997 National Championship mean? I think I need to update my resume to point out that I have been a key staffer for companies that make billions in profit per year.

Reaction Score
Albion college !!!!!???? Do they even play football? I don't think they had to worry about playing in any bowl.

May be a great person, and afforded may opportunities and success at Michigan.

But what is better on your resume?

Being an Associate A. Dir. at Albion, or an Ass't A. Director at Michigan? Can't imagine he got a pay increase going from Michigan to Albion.

Yeah.... AAC really brings the BIG time atmosphere.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
More to LOL about. I wikipediad Albion College. Apparently it is a D3 school in Michigcan with 1300 students. So apparently the actual athletic director of Albion was unobtainable, to say nothing about Southington High School's AD.

Reaction Score
More to LOL about. I wikipediad Albion College. Apparently it is a D3 school in Michigcan with 1300 students. So apparently the actual athletic director of Albion was unobtainable, to say nothing about Southington High School's AD.

He got flipped out of UM after the Rich Rod training hour debacle... he went to Albion to do his professional penance.

Reaction Score
Nothing Says Big Time Football Aspirations Like Hiring A Guy Directly From Albion College.
I understand the humor but Draper spent 2 decades at Michigan. As long as we are in the AAC I want to see strong leadership. The better the conference does the better the TV contract. Like everyone else, I am hoping for an invite but until then build the AAC as best you can, with the best people. On the surface Draper sounds like he has the resume to be a strong contributor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom