Scott Burrell Honored Before The Game | The Boneyard

Scott Burrell Honored Before The Game

Reaction Score
I spent a good portion of the game telling my youngest son how great an athlete and competitor Scott Burrell was; looks like he can still suit up. The energy he brought into games his freshman year was key to that season. He even came back from knee surgery if I recall. Loved watching Scotty play and like what he's doing at Southern. Wish he and his family nothing but success. Well earned.

BTW, where was the Rodney Rogers highlight in the intro clip? Still one of the most athletic feats I've seen on the court.

Reaction Score

It really was. Those were exciting times. That was my senior year. We were in the first row on the baseline for the Big East championship game. I am pretty sure I was the first one on the floor after the buzzer. It was a blast to celebrate with the players.

The summer before, I was doing an internship at UTRC and living just off campus. I used to go and shoot around on one of the outdoor courts that was up on a hill. I got to see the daily progress on Gampel from that vantage point. And we were there on opening day. That place was deafening for that game.

Reaction Score
About time, a classy player, and Husky and a guy with serious CT roots (even if he played HS football, basketball, and baseball for a rival).

Reaction Score
Good genes... his parents are phenomenal people.
Doesn’t surprise me, Scott is a tremendous person. I had the pleasure of knowing him at UConn and he was incredibly down to earth given his stature and baseball money.

Reaction Score
Such a classy man. Much respect.
As with big sister Yale alumna and now teacher Lyn (Amity?) and big brother ex-UConn football co-captain and long-term Brown football assistant Abbott, the youngest apple never strayed too far from the solid base of the Sam and Gertude Burrell family trunk. Respectively, Korean War MASH veteran, ex-Yale football assistant and Hillhouse/Cross baseball coach Sam, and nurse/nursing instructor Gertrude. Winning!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom