Scotch thread

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Probably not that great. That said, I was luck enough to try a Cognac from 1945 and an Armagnac from 1943 as part of a barrel picking panel. Here is the 45, we did choose to have FineDrams bottle some of that cask. Grosperrin N°45 Fins Bois Cognac - Aficionados x Fine Drams The 1943 Armagnac was better, but just way too expensive. The best of the Cognacs on my review sheet was this one, which was our overall group choice. Grosperrin N°72 Grande Champagne Cognac - Aficionados x Fine Drams

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Probably not that great. That said, I was luck enough to try a Cognac from 1945 and an Armagnac from 1943 as part of a barrel picking panel. Here is the 45, we did choose to have FineDrams bottle some of that cask. Grosperrin N°45 Fins Bois Cognac - Aficionados x Fine Drams The 1943 Armagnac was better, but just way too expensive. The best of the Cognacs on my review sheet was this one, which was our overall group choice. Grosperrin N°72 Grande Champagne Cognac - Aficionados x Fine Drams
dang. u is a pro.
im puttin you on the 'we are not worthy' list. no offense, but i wouldn't know the difference between top shelf scotch and scotch tape.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
dang. u is a pro.
im puttin you on the 'we are not worthy' list. no offense, but i wouldn't know the difference between top shelf scotch and scotch tape.

I just know some people. But that was cool. I may buy a second bottle of the 96 Armagnac we picked, because it's great and I'm cheap.

Reaction Score
I grew tired off the selection here in North Carolina , and luckily SC is only a 20 min drive to two very large liquor stores. Surprised to find the Deanston, not so much the other two. Only tried the Deanston thus far but its really nice neat, little water turned it far too citrus for me though, would stick with neat.

Hunting.jpg

Reaction Score
Had a good buddy send me a little 1 oz taste of some Johnny Walker Blue Legendary 8 stuff. Pretty damn tasty but not freaking $430.00 a bottle tasty , and def. not for a blended scotch. Never tried to actual blue but if this is any indication that is over priced as well.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
fwiw, Laga GoT Lannister 9 is $36 at BevMax in Stamford.
If you like the Lagavulin 9 GOT (which they aren't making more of), then try the Lagavulin 8. It's very similar, and the 8 is less expensive. In my case, it's a crazy low $40 here in town. I should really buy a case. It is $60 at Milford, CT Total Wine, $48 at my Total Wine.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
fwiw, Laga GoT Lannister 9 is $36 at BevMax in Stamford.

Better to let @8893 know, I'm in MA. That's a hell of a price, even lower than the $40 I pay for the 8 year.

Meanwhile, I scored a Benromach 10 for $46 today. That was a nice win. One of my favorite base original bottlings along with Talisker 10. Really doesn't taste like anything else.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Better to let @8893 know, I'm in MA. That's a hell of a price, even lower than the $40 I pay for the 8 year.

Meanwhile, I scored a Benromach 10 for $46 today. That was a nice win. One of my favorite base original bottlings along with Talisker 10. Really doesn't taste like anything else.
I was just at Total Wine in Milford and they were out of it, and the 8 was $59. Pazzz.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
pretty soon, wait, check that, now
Covid supply woes hit alcohol in the US (medicalxpress.com)
im bettin that youse won't be caught up in 'price' discussions, moar like availability discussions, me thinks. i know that Pennsylvania is firmly innit today. not woke yet to the slow rolling mess of unforced errors that we're now in to (top gas price today in kali is $7 -why?), well, p and g just moved bath tissue production into 24/7 mode.
back on topic, alcohol. have sum,
Australian authorities now confiscating alcohol to ‘limit number of drinks’ residents in lockdown can have (bizpacreview.com).

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I was just at Total Wine in Milford and they were out of it, and the 8 was $59. Pazzz.

Hard pass. Come up here and get a case of 8 for $40 Each

Top Bottom