OT: Scotch thread | Page 33 | The Boneyard

OT: Scotch thread

Reaction Score
Anyone enjoy Tomatin 12? I was chatting up a bartender in Watertown about Scotch and he said "You gotta try this!" and gave me a free pour. It was impressive and only a $40 bottle. Speysides aren't usually my cup of tea but I enjoyed it enough to drink another one.
We went back to 88 Keys in Watertown last weekend. Ordered a Laphroaig 10, neat and got a four finger pour from the same bartender. "Gotta take care of my 'Peat' guys!"

I finished the night with a Kavalan Select (Taiwan) which was very nice. He also told me about a French single malt called Rozelieures Smoked that he said was fantastic for a peat lover. Wise Old Dog has it on their website, so I'm going to go check it out.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Amazing whiskey bar in Killarney. I had three pours. Kilkerran 10, a Dingle Single a malt and another 12 year Irish in PX casks. Was with a rather wealthy person who appreciated it, got some good stuff and paid the bill.

IMG_2569.jpeg

Reaction Score
In my quest for good whisk(e)y from odd places, I bought a bottle of the M&H Elements Sherry Cask Finish. This whisky from Tel Aviv, Israel won World's Best Single Malt at the World Whiskies Awards.

I bought a bottle of their entry level "Classic" version and I really liked it. Sad to say that I did not care for the Sherry Cask version.

I tried it neat and found it extremely boozy for a 43% whisky and had none of the roundedness I expect from a Sherry finish. Halfway through I added a dollop of water which took some of the boozy edge off but didn't open it up like I hoped it would. Not going to give up on it though and will give it another whirl. Maybe a bad palate day or something.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So I finished off my independent bottling of Tobermory (trash day tomorrow). Fantastic stuff. Looking for one more half glass of something I grab a “mystery” sample I’ve had for like 18 months. Jet Fuel. There’s only one thing that tastes and smells like Jet Fuel and that is Caroni Rum. I assume that’s what it is but I can’t be sure. Rare and expensive stuff considering it’s mostly unpleasant.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom