Scoreboard should be much better this weekend | The Boneyard

Scoreboard should be much better this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I got the following this evening from Assistant Athletic Director of Video Services David Kaplan. He responded from his phone, so I assume "bug" is a typo of some kind.

Thanks so much for the email and your support of the Huskies.
We will have a much larger score bug this week similar to the look from last season and we will also have a stats package running throughout the game.

Reaction Score
thatguyed said:
I got the following this evening from Assistant Athletic Director of Video Services David Kaplan. He responded from his phone, so I assume "bug" is a typo of some kind.

Thanks so much for the email and your support of the Huskies.
We will have a much larger score bug this week similar to the look from last season and we will also have a stats package running throughout the game.

It's not a typo, looking at Wikipedia it's a term used for on screen graphics, so looks like just industry jargon

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
It's not a typo, looking at Wikipedia it's a term used for on screen graphics, so looks like just industry jargon
LOL, a friend of mine wrote some software back in the day that was in the ESPN video setup... wrote some of their bug.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Glad to hear this... Everyone in our section was like 'wtf is up with the board this year'... Could hardly read the score.

Reaction Score
Glad to hear this... Everyone in our section was like 'wtf is up with the board this year'... Could hardly read the score.
...... not seeing the board clearly---- had me at "either I've had too much too drink or maybe we should get another WTF"........wtf - make it easy!!!

Reaction Score
I'd even be happy with just a replica of the Memorial Stadium scoreboard being displayed on the video board. All I need is score, down, distance and time.

Reaction Score
I'd even be happy with just a replica of the Memorial Stadium scoreboard being displayed on the video board. All I need is score, down, distance and time.
OR, get the Memorial Stadium Scoreboard out of mothballs & set it up high atop the endzone on the players entrance end of the field. Both nostalgic & functional. But, it was probably sent to the scrap heap long ago.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score

Bug is also a slang term for free beer in the second quarter of a college football game.

Reaction Score
Alternative usage...

I'll take Entomology for $200 Alex...

The answer: "Bug"

The question: "What is what some posters on the Boneyard have stuck up their arses?"

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
e
I'll take Entomology for $200 Alex...
The answer: "Bug"
The question: "What is what some posters on the Boneyard have stuck up their arses?"

Sorry Mick...the correct answer is "What is a slang term for free beer in the second quarter of a college football game". But I imagine your answer also is applicable at some times.

Reaction Score
Just one question, why do people rattle keys on third down? Has it been reported by opposing offenses that it works? Were people rattling keys when RGIII came to town? I have not been to every game at the Rent, nowhere near, so I am asking.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Just one question, why do people rattle keys on third down? Has it been reported by opposing offenses that it works? Were people rattling keys when RGIII came to town? I have not been to every game at the Rent, nowhere near, so I am asking.

Because 3rd Downs are "Key" plays. It happens at Michigan. It's the only prop allowed into the stadium. Besides, security takes away cow bells.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Because 3rd Downs are "Key" plays. It happens at Michigan. It's the only prop allowed into the stadium. Besides, security takes away cow bells.
Is that really the reason? Huh. Learn something new.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Is that really the reason? Huh. Learn something new.
Three separate confirmations. Maryland, Virginia Tech, and Michigan.

I seriously just assume hearing 5,000 student cow bells a clangin' than 30,000 keys a jinglin' (as if you can hear it anyway).

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Cowbells are:

1) Annoying
2) Awesome
3) Appropriate, given our Ag heritage.

One of my sons makes sure to watch whenever there is a Miss St home game on TV, just for the cowbells. :)

Reaction Score
I noticed it at the Papa John bowl game. Annoys the hell out of me. Seems like they don't care to put much effort into cheering. Fools. I hate it. I sit at the other end of the stadium and could not hear them, but did hear the cheering loud and clear.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
We don't need any cowbell....
Maybe just the MUGAPHONE
I know a guy in CT who invented this and holds the patent.
What's better than a cold beer? The mug is also a megaphone. Imagine how annoying you could be screaming into the ears of the Soccer Moms and kids in front of you.

mugaphone-group.jpg

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Back in the Whaler days, when I sat through many a 6-1 loss with 5,000 of my friends, there was always a woman who had a tambourine. Because the crowds were so small, you could hear that tambourine as if we were all sitting around a camp fire. My point: we should be allowed to bring in musical instruments. Better yet, we should all be able to bring in musical instruments and a 3 year old to play them nonstop while we're on defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom